jwagner

Greetings all. We recently bought an '88 Regal, mostly for my daughter to drive. 129K miles, and was previously owned by the mother-in-law of a mechanic buddy so it's pretty solid and has had most needed maintenance done. It had the pretty common way too stiff gas pedal, so we found the throttle mechanism recall kit on ebay for fifty bucks and fixed that last weekend.

Unfortunately the car met a pickup truck on the freeway last night and we need to find a passenger door so I'll be trolling junkyards and forums and craigslist until we do. It's pretty cold in Wisconsin right now with no window on the right side so we need to figure that out pretty quick. Leads appreciated.

Jim

White '88 Regal

Welcome to the forum!

Try using car-part.com. There's also a 96 Regal coupe in a junkyard that I know of a long drive down into VA (I'm from DC) but shipping would be a bitch to get it all the way to WI.

you'll want to get a door from a 94 and older regal because in 95 they moved the seatbelt from the door to the b pillar

Shit, I completely forgot about that.

you'll want to get a door from a 94 and older regal because in 95 they moved the seatbelt from the door to the b pillar

Thanks.

Looks like we can also use a Grand Prix or Cutlass door. Appearance is not a big deal - we really need to get a passenger window. We've got transparent vinyl duck taped over the bent door right now and I don't think it will last long.