Aftermarket/Other Stock Wheels on 7th Gen Grand Prix

pwmin

There is not much difference between the 8" and 8.5". Now if you went with a 9" wheel then that would be different. What size tire did you get? 245/40-19?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• Psych0matt

• Nas Escobar

• The Guz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, me, too, I wish I could fast forward to Wednesday afternoon. I wanted to go with wider tires for better traction, but there's going to be more of a chance of rubbing. I thought about going wider on the front, but then I can't rotate the tires at all since they're directional. Plus I don't really want to deal with a speedo that's off again.

the offset gave it no concavity hardly at all, which is fine. I'm going to roll with them as-is for a while and see how I like them. I might later polish just the outer spoke part, try that an possibly the lip later on depending on how I like it. The spokes will be cake to polish up. Weird thing is there's an extra hole for a wheel sensor and it says to just use a valve stem if the car doesn't have one, so i'm going to have two valve stems in each wheel.

not sure I want to polish them now. I was going to paint the calipers red with the polished wheels, but I think I'm going to keep them the dark blue color they are. I'm going to look into getting it professionally buffed and touched up next month. Too bad it's supposed to rain tomorrow....my poor clean car. Needs GXP brakes now. I'll get some better pictures when I have it out this weekend.

The pictures don't make the wheels look that good; they look way better in person.

post-738-14368917925_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689179239_thumb.jpg

Edited by pwmin

Looking at these, 20's would have looked good, too, I don't think they would have been too much. She doesn't ride any worse than before that I can tell.

Doesn't look bad at all. Just needs more concave lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

well, I guess it's too late for that, LOL. As far as fit, everything is perfect except they could be out just a tad, but that would probably make the rear rub. I think they're just about perfect. I don't care a ton for the concave look, anyway, so this is a good compromise. I'd rather have a big lip than concave, but I don't like when spokes stick out.

They look good. Good choice on leaving them as is. They will require less maintenance than a polished wheel.

I am leaning towards polishing just the spokes now. I'm not worried about the maintenance. Now, if I polished the whole wheel, then I would be worried.

Edited by pwmin

well, I guess it's too late for that, LOL. As far as fit, everything is perfect except they could be out just a tad, but that would probably make the rear rub. I think they're just about perfect. I don't care a ton for the concave look, anyway, so this is a good compromise. I'd rather have a big lip than concave, but I don't like when spokes stick out.

You could always sell em and get other wheels but what matters is that you're happy.

Like I said, they don't look bad at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I'm totally happy with them. I don't care for the deep concave look. If I went with 35's, they would have probably rubbed. They fit just about perfect the way they are.

Where did you get those decals? I need a pair of them and maybe a 3rd for the back window.

I do like the rims, they fit the look of the car if that makes any since.