Aftermarket/Other Stock Wheels on 7th Gen Grand Prix

pwmin

Hmmm, I guess I have an advantage for that then :lol: I have mine cranked pretty low on the coilovers and have almost zero rub. I mean if I hit a dip hard enough I do, but that's like maybe once a year, usually on the freeway on the way to a meet!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• Psych0matt

• Nas Escobar

• The Guz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish 19" tires weren't so damn expensive. I think I prefer the 19" Kosoku at this point, but I have to think about tires in the long term as well as up-front cost. The less I spend, the more my credit card gets paid down.

I'm looking at about $1600 for 19" wheels and tires and $200 more for tires each time I have to buy them. 18's are around 1200-1300 and obviously cheaper to replace tires, but I would get the F11's and would have to polish them. At least the Kosoku are "bright" silver.

Looks like I'm not getting those wheels and I already paid for them so I have to wait for the refund to buy other wheels. My only hope is I can get them from the manufacturer because I can't find them anywhere else. 1010tires sucks. I already ordered the tires so I can't order those 18s now.

I think those will look hot! Been toying with the idea of picking up something similar used, but I'm not sure if I'd want them for the GTP or the 04 :lol:

...and those are on backorder, too. FML! Can't find anyone else that supposedly has those. Now I'm fucked because I have to wait for my money to be refunded before I can order anything else. At least discounttire didn't charge me until the order was shipped.

either these

http://www.amazon.com/Konig-Airstrike-Offset-Partnumber-AS98514355/dp/B00354PEXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425335311&sr=8-1&keywords=konig+airstrike+19x8.5+5x114.3

http://www.amazon.com/Konig-Airstrike-Offset-Partnumber-AS98514355/dp/B00354PEXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425343479&sr=8-1&keywords=konig+airstrike+5x114.3+19x8

t_20130613.konast.bkglms.ang.jpg

or (will have to strip and polish)

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.30&fl=&yr=2004&pc=16276&counter=1&wd=19&rw=8.5&vid=007897

t_20130531.prvkul.bkmtxx.ang.jpg

Edited by pwmin

milan on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-15-Ford-Escape-19x8-5-5x4-5-45-72-6-Niche-Milan-M135-Wheels-Rims-Silver-/301532399658?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4634bb482a&vxp=mtr

ordered them on ebay. They better have them in stock. I had just enough money left to cover it. Supposed to arrive by next Thursday...we'll see.

Edited by pwmin

I think those will look hot! Been toying with the idea of picking up something similar used, but I'm not sure if I'd want them for the GTP or the 04 :lol:

I've been pretty patient, at least until I had two sets come up backordered, but IDK if I would have the patience to try and find something on CL.

I like the concave-ness to those

I was a bit worried I wouldn't like it at first, but I'm sure I will now. I think they are the nicest looking wheels I've come across so far, at least as far as 5-spokes that will look good on a w-body, anyway. I think they're bright enough that I won't be worried about polishing them. I figured it was sort of ridiculous to spend that much money and have to polish them, but I would have if needed. The Airstrike I can only find in black now, but I would probably let them go as is, at least for a summer. If for some reason these aren't in stock, which they should be, I think I'm just going to go with the Airstrike unless someone comes up with something better.

My plan was to polish the stock wheels when I put these on and keep using them for snow tires, but I'm thinking about going black or gunmetal with them. They have some curb rash, so I need to address that over the summer anyway, but polishing them is going to be a chore.

Edited by pwmin

I'm all about finding used stuff at good prices, but when I only paid $1100 for the car I'm not spending that much on wheels and tires :lol: I'm hoping to either find something with good tires, or else I'll strip and refinish my first gen five spokes and put decent summerish tires on

I wouldn't, either. If I wasn't getting a good tax return, I wouldn't be spending this much. I've just never had nice a/m wheels on a car and it's time.

And their stock was incorrect. They have the m134 though quick is the same wheel with a different coating so I'm getting that instead...our so they say. :roll:

And their stock was incorrect. They have the m134 though which is the same wheel with a different coating so I'm getting that instead...our so they say. :roll:

They will look good. They probably won't be as concave as the photo but still a good set of wheels.The +35 offset probably would have been. Surprised you didn't go with that offset.

If they send the wrong wheels, couldn't you let them know, and maybe get a discount? I mean I sure as heck would try if they sent me the wrong thing

They will look good. They probably won't be as concave as the photo but still a good set of wheels.The +35 offset probably would have been. Surprised you didn't go with that offset.

I don't care if they look very concave. I went with 45 so they would have less of a chance of rubbing. Hopefully I won't need any spacers. I did order hub centric rings.

If they send the wrong wheels, couldn't you let them know, and maybe get a discount? I mean I sure as heck would try if they sent me the wrong thing

I sure would hope so. I'm pretty confident I'll get the right ones. I finally got notification that they had been picked up by UPS, but I have to wait until Wednesday to get them :(

I hope everything works out, those wheels are going to look great!
Thanks! They should.

I don't care if they look very concave. I went with 45 so they would have less of a chance of rubbing. Hopefully I won't need any spacers. I did order hub centric rings..

I run a +35 offset on 18x8's with 245/24-18's and I rolled the fenders. No rubbing what so ever. I am lowered as well. So you would have been fine with that offset. Hub rings are fine. I doubt you will need spacers.