Aftermarket/Other Stock Wheels on 7th Gen Grand Prix

pwmin

I think I want something with a lip. I can't find 18x8 35mm torq thrust style wheels. Found a few more I'm interested in, but more than I wanted to spend. All are 5x114.3.

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Fast+Wheels/Synergy/Painted/Hyper+Silver $215 for 18's, 240 for 19's

FastWheels-F133-Synergy-Silver_lg_enlarge.jpg

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Lumarai/Morro/Painted/Black (I don't think the hub bore is large enough) $248 for 18's, almost 300 for 19's

Lumarai_Morro_Blk_lg_enlarge.jpg

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Enkei/TENJIN/Painted/Gunmetal/Machined+Lip $252 for 18's

ENKEI-TENJIN-GM_lg_enlarge.jpg

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/TSW/Tremblant/Painted/Gloss+Black/Mirror+Cut+Lip (40mm) $228 for 18's, $261 for 19's

tsw-TREMBLANT-black_lg_enlarge.jpg

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Konig/Lightning/Painted/Black $152 for 18's

Konig-Lightning-Black_lg_enlarge.jpg

too bad I can't find a vehicle viewer for them

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• Psych0matt

• Nas Escobar

• The Guz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hub bore on those fast wheels will work. They remind me of the wheels that were on the Monte Carlo (intimidator and Dale Earnhardt Edition). One other thing to note, is that black wheels look smaller than they actually are. Even more so with a lip. I would stick with a silver painted wheels but that's just my opinion. What color car will these be going on?

I really want polished wheels, but I can't really find anything I like that isn't super expensive, so I was thinking at least to get a polished lip and maybe polishing the rest or most of the rest of the wheel myself. The Konigs look like they won't be too hard to strip and polish. The do make them where the wheel is silver (or maybe it's white) instead of black (and other colors as well), so I was thinking about those instead, but I know at least discounttire only has them in black. I could paint the inside whatever I wanted, too. I like the Enkei's better, but they're $100 more a wheel. I did see those F11's, but didn't really want silver, but those look like they would be easy to polish, especially the outer part. Oh, it's going on the car in my signature...it's Mystic Green.

Edited by pwmin

The hub bore on those fast wheels will work. They remind me of the wheels that were on the Monte Carlo (intimidator and Dale Earnhardt Edition). One other thing to note, is that black wheels look smaller than they actually are. Even more so with a lip. I would stick with a silver painted wheels but that's just my opinion. What color car will these be going on?

I was referring to the second wheel pictured. (60.10 hub bore)

I'm still having a really hard time deciding. Those airstrikes are 9" wide in 20's, so I'm really not sure about going that wide. I'm still looking for something with a lip, I think, but those are nice looking wheels. I think I need to find some more pictures of 18's and 20's on GP's to get a better idea of how big they're actually going to look on the car. The other problem with getting the airstrikes in 20's is that I'm going to be spending $400 more than I was planning. The difference in tire prices for 18's and 20's is negligible, so I don't have to worry about an added cost there.

I think what I really want are 19's, but tires are going to suck and going to be more than 18's overall plus harder to find. I just don't think 20's are the look I'm going for plus for driving around and what I want to do with the car, it's probably not the best idea. Might be open to wheels without a lip now, too.

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Fast+Wheels/Kosoku/Painted/Hyper+Silver

FastWheels-F159-KOSOKU-Silver_lg_enlarge.jpg

I;m not a fan of the three in your last post, but the one in the post befoer I really like

the problem is I would have to get them in 8.5" w/ 38mm offset and would have to roll my fenders in for sure, but would also have to with the other 19's...would be cheaper, though @ 1550. I'm not too sure I would like the spokes coming in towards the center on those, though, but they might not be that much more that way than the F11's.

If I'm going for the cheapest and most sensible, I should go with the F11's. I would polish them, though. Or the Konig 18's, just not sure I would like them on the car.

Edited by pwmin

referring to your quoted post: I think those would look pretty decent on your car. I like the lip, but something seems odd about the spokes, not sure what

I think 18"s are about perfect, or maybe 19"s, and 20 would be pushing it.

I;m not a fan of the three in your last post, but the one in the post befoer I really like

They only come in 19x8.5 +35mm, so they're going to rub, so I have to consider that with those wheels.

referring to your quoted post: I think those would look pretty decent on your car. I like the lip, but something seems odd about the spokes, not sure what

I think 18"s are about perfect, or maybe 19"s, and 20 would be pushing it.

Yeah, I think the spokes look a little weird, too, but I think they look good in the picture of them on the car and they look like 20's in the picture. I'm worried if I get a black wheel w/ polished lip they won't look as good unless they're larger.

Yeah, I think the spokes look a little weird, too, but I think they look good in the picture of them on the car and they look like 20's in the picture. I'm worried if I get a black wheel w/ polished lip they won't look as good unless they're larger.

I can see that. Bxx had 20"s on his lumina, and that looked great, although I don't think I'd go bigger. I had 19s on my cutlass and had zero issues (but I don't remember how wide they were, I think only 7.5), and the GTP has 18" wheels at 8" wide

18x8 +25 hits the rear fender lip on 2nd and 3rd gens. I rolled mine in on the Regal, but didn't want to mess with them on this car if I didn't have to. More like beat the shit out of them with a hammer until they quit hitting. I even tried AGX struts on the hardest setting and the tires still hit on big bumps.