Weried exhaust question

tsilney

So moved the vert out to see how new rims fit and I noticed that the exhaust only comes out of one side of the dual tips on each side. It comes out the outer most tips and nothing comes out the inside. Never noticed it as I only drove it when warm and in the 10degree cold I could see it. Are my mufflers messed up or clogged? They are the factory ones. Just wondering

So moved the vert out to see how new rims fit and I noticed that the exhaust only comes out of one side of the dual tips on each side. It comes out the outer most tips and nothing comes out the inside. Never noticed it as I only drove it when warm and in the 10degree cold I could see it. Are my mufflers messed up or clogged? They are the factory ones. Just wondering

This is 100% normal. All dual tips from GM are like this. If you look close, the one end doesn't go anywhere on both sides, and also everyone has one clean tip on each side and one dirty tip.

We should probably start a rumour that your transmission might die if this is happening . . . just incase.

Drill a hole in there if you want "smoke" to pour out. Yeah its a normal GM thing.

A set of C6 tips look good on verts.

Picture001-3.jpg

Those do look sweet. Will eventually upgrade the mufflers so will grab some new tips.

Ironically my trans shifts hard for the first few shifts from 1st to 2nd but then shifts perfect the rest of the time. New mufflers or drilled tips will fix that for sure...lmao :)

I have the same thing too. It's normal. The 2nd tip is fake as you already know by now. Get an aftermarket muffler if you want real dual tips.

When I took my stock mufflers off I cut them apart to see the inside. The 2" inlet necks down to about 1 5/8" then to (2) 1 1/4" tubes that flare up the 1 7/8" tips out the back. Kind of a turbo style. Both tubes were perforated so assumed the both worked but never payed attention to it so idk.