1990 Buick Regal GS

kingkarmann

Hello All and Happy New Year!

My wife purchased a 1990 Regal Gran Sport Coupe new and drove it until 2005. It was parked with about 160K well maintained miles. She bought a new vehicle and decided against trading in or selling the Regal as it was her 1st new car. It has sat outdoors under a car cover until just a couple of months ago. We made space for it in the garage. I have put it on stands. She wants me to get in back into shape so she can have it as a "play" car. It's the 3.1L V-6 and I have tore it down to the intake manifold so I can replace the gaskets. I plan to pretty much refurbish everything to new or as close to new as possible. I will post up some pics on the progress.

Hi kingkarmann, welcome. I had a 1990 regal custom with a 3.1L. I had a Hypertech chip in it with a ram air scoop under the middle of the bumper. I glassed in the grille to make it look like a Bimmer. Always liked the GS.

5e9069587d25fde26bc11a29f210ec0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi kingkarmann, welcome. I had a 1990 regal custom with a 3.1L. I had a Hypertech chip in it with a ram air scoop under the middle of the bumper. I glassed in the grille to make it look like a Bimmer. Always liked the GS.

5e9069587d25fde26bc11a29f210ec0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, those 3 spokes. I've been trying to find a set for years.

Welcome to the site! I live in Columbus as well, in Lincoln Village (far-west side).

If you need a hand with anything, feel free to shoot me a PM.

They went out to pasture with the 90's I think!

Welcome!

Yeah, I know but having a 90's car it's fitting compared to those ricer wheels they offer now.

The 3 spokers are Prime brand 16X7.

I know, but Prime doesn't make them anymore. The only 3 spokes available now are these...

33658580002_large.jpg?v=1

Oh man, those 3 spokes. I've been trying to find a set for years.

I'm sorry, but there are few items in the automotive world that I hate more than 3-spokes. When synchronized front/back they look ok, but most of the time the spokes are rotated to different angles and it drives me crazy in a bad way. The silver regal looks great, but partially because the spokes are lined up (how do they do that? Repeated burnouts?)

-Old Man Grimes (Cutlass with 5-spokes)