Lumina Headers?

TravisP

if the headers are designed for the smaller chassis they should work fine on the lumonte/1.5 chassis/fire wall.... ive put the 3100 from a 1st gen 94 into a 96 monte and im damn sure i didnt even have to swap manifolds.

GM's bean counters are quite good at making sure that they dont end up with tons of model specific stuff, at most the DP routing might need to be fiddled with.

The steering rack is in a different spot on the n bodies, aka right in the way of the w body down pipe.

There's a reason why WOT-Tech has made n body headers but not w body headers. Fire wall and that area is completely different.

Sent from my iPhone

You may run into problems around the transmission and around the downpipe. Guys with 95-99 Monte & Luminas that have 3800s in them have to get a custom downpipe made, or pound in the firewall and do some cutting in the downpipe/exhaust tunnel. Not sure how this would apply to 3100/3400s. Best of luck to you.

Thank You guys! I think I am going to purchase a set. Rather than modify the firewall, I am going to allow myself enough time when I get into it that I can modify the headers instead. I have a tig welder at my disposal, you don't do porting work without one, and I don't want to change anything on the body itself. Everything else can be put back if I decide to go that route, so I don't want to modify the body in any way:biggrin:

Oh it can definitely be done with enough skill and resources. I'm gonna see what happens with SSACs on my L67 Monte...Hopefully all I need is shortening the rear header and a downpipe.

I know that there are a few more companies out there that make headers for the N-bodies, but the pacesetters are more modular. Since I am going to have to make changes anyway, that makes them more appealing to me. It is that much less I will have to cut away from them. Specifically the front down pipe that crosses over the top of the transmission. Part of it is welded to the back header on many of the others, if any slight bend will need to be made it could put it way out of position. With the pacesetter you can bend it individually.

1.5" drop ST springs, KYB GR2's,Dorman trailing arms and Ingalls Engineering lateral links. 1.5'" drop front and rear and it sets level.

Edited by TravisP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have noise now and still running stock, but have been told the change in drivetrain angle is not good on the CV joints.

Edited by TravisP

I don't have noise now and still running stock, but have been told the change in drivetrain angle is not good on the CV joints.

If ur not getting noise on stock dbs dont run short dbs......ive been running stock dbs with a 5" drop almost 3 yrs now no issue on the same cvs. In some cases short dbs will CAUSE issues