TravisP

I have a 1996 Lumina that we raised our four children in. I love the car for those sentimental reasons plus I just think they are good looking cars. Now that the kids are raised it is time to do something fun with it and make it better than new. I work as a CNC Machinist and port cylinder heads and intakes on the side. I have rebuilt the 3.1Liter motor using good quality products in the bottom end, I ported the heads and added bigger valves as well as porting the upper and lower intake manifolds. I also added a Comp Cams street/strip grind hydraulic roller cam offered by WOT Tech. What brought me here is the fact that I am not close to anyone who tunes, and the mail order from WOT Tech does not seem to work. We tried a '97 computer with their tune and it wouldn't run. He is at a loss because he has had the same problem with Monte Carlos but does fine with Pontiacs and Olds. I am running on the stock '96 computer with no trouble codes, but it has no low end. From part throttle on it runs much better than any naturally aspirated 3.8 I have ever rode in. I would like to get the tuning issues ironed out so I can start on suspension upgrades, paint, and interior:biggrin:

Edited by TravisP

I have a 1996 Lumina that we raised our four children in. I love the car for those sentimental reasons plus I just think they are good looking cars. Now that the kids are raised it is time to do something fun with it and make it better than new. I work as a CNC Machinist and port cylinder heads and intakes on the side. I have rebuilt the 3.1Liter motor using good quality products in the bottom end, I ported the heads and added bigger valves as well as porting the upper and lower intake manifolds. I also added a Comp Cams street/strip grind hydraulic roller cam offered by WOT Tech. What brought me here is the fact that I am not close to anyone who tunes, and the mail order from WOT Tech does not seem to work. We tried a '97 computer with their tune and it wouldn't run. He is at a loss because he has had the same problem with Monte Carlos but does fine with Pontiacs and Olds. I am running on the stock '96 computer with no trouble codes, but it has no low end. From part throttle on it runs much better than any naturally aspirated 3.8 I have ever rode in. I would like to get the tuning issues ironed out so I can start on suspension upgrades, paint, and interior:biggrin:

Ssounds like you either need lower gears or a higher stall. I woulda just 3800 swapped myself

Already have a stall so proper fuel maps and timing would go a long way to helping the bottom end. Thanks for the reply.

Ssounds like you either need lower gears or a higher stall. I woulda just 3800 swapped myself

Only place close is Wichita, the only good one is Chris at Wichita dyno and he is booked. He doesn't know if he would want to do the homework to find out how to make it work. I can understand how he would rather tune 1,000 horsepower twin turbo Camaros than a naturally aspirated V6 Lumina:biggrin: