Need torque for engine oil level sensor 95 3.4

tar6569

Anyone have the torque for the engine oil level sensor that goes in the oil pan? I can't find it in the service manual unless it's what they refer to as the oil level sensor stud. We just changed the oil pan gasket on my 95 Grand Prix GT and that's the next piece to go in.

Oh yeah, and the flywheel cover for this car is just that plastic piece, there is no part that goes in above it to cover more of the flywheel/torque converter, right?

The torque for the oil level sensor is 89 lb/in. If you are talking about the plastic cover by the starter, it is the only one.

Note to the OP, that was in lb/in, not ft/lbs. That equals approx 7.5 ft/lbs.

Don't even try to use a 1/2" ft/lb torque wrench on values below ~25 ft/lbs.

Fwiw, Sears often has a sale on their torque wrenches now. Or, pay $80+ for a lb/in (& low f/lb) torque wrench at other times.

Edited by Cutlass350

Note to the OP, that was in lb/in, not ft/lbs. That equals approx 7.5 ft/lbs.

Don't even try to use a 1/2" ft/lb torque wrench on values below ~25 ft/lbs.

Fwiw, Sears often has a sale on their torque wrenches now. Or, pay $80+ for a lb/in (& low f/lb) torque wrench at other times.

Thanks for both replies! I have a snap-op lb/inch torque wrench so we will be good to go!