lost a screw below the balancer shaft... like a boss

The Gut

I have a 2000 Grand Prix GT, and being the clever individual that I am i decided to put a tiny screw in one of those half inch holes under both ends of the balancer shaft. Since the screw is now keeping the cam company, i thought this might be the right section to post a thread. I've spent about 4 hours of quality time with my car and a tiny magnet on a stick, and the screw is still in there. Shop says 1000+ most likely, so I was hoping someone might know how i could un-screw myself?

I have a 2000 Grand Prix GT, and being the clever individual that I am i decided to put a tiny screw in one of those half inch holes under both ends of the balancer shaft. Since the screw is now keeping the cam company, i thought this might be the right section to post a thread. I've spent about 4 hours of quality time with my car and a tiny magnet on a stick, and the screw is still in there. Shop says 1000+ most likely, so I was hoping someone might know how i could un-screw myself?

pics of ur prob?

If a magnet didn't work you might try and unfuck that monkey with a long thin metal rod(gutter nail for example) and wrap some gorilla tape around the end with the sticky side out. Jam that down into the hole with a little bit of tape and see if that wont grab the screw. For future advice don't stick things into holes that said thing didn't come out of, sound advice right there. That name seems familiar, do you use that same name on a forum?

If a magnet didn't work you might try and unfuck that monkey with a long thin metal rod(gutter nail for example) and wrap some gorilla tape around the end with the sticky side out. Jam that down into the hole with a little bit of tape and see if that wont grab the screw. For future advice don't stick things into holes that said thing didn't come out of, sound advice right there. That name seems familiar, do you use that same name on a forum?

lol magnet definitely didnt work. tried a big subwoofer magnet on the outside of the pan, and a magnet on a stick through the drain hole. also tried rotating the crank bolt to see if it would drop, but no sound of anything falling. directly below the hole is the cam shaft, so there is no way to see the screw to try and fish it out with a sticky nail. ill post pictures in just a minute.

heres pictures of the hole, the screw, and the 2 side by side. ignore the attachments, cant figure out how to get rid of them...[ATTACH=CONFIG]18110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18112[/ATTACH]

lol im thinking its sitting harmlessly on top of the oil splash shield thing now, spun the engine with the crankbolt a bunch of times, everything spins free and im feeling optimistic that i will find that screw in the pan next oil change lol.....or maybe its complete denial rather then optimism? lol either way ill let you know what happens when i crank it up in the morning....i figure if i gotta go all the way in, might as well have something broken to replace with newer, better, shinier things.