Good brand of injectors?

George

It's time to ask a fuel injector question of my own.

This is the situation with my '94 Cutlass LQ1. At 150K an injector or many started leaking, dumping fuel in the intake while car was off. I either had to crank a long time or floor the gas pedal to lean it out enough to get it started

Not having a way to figure out which were leaking I replaced all of them with remanned by Autoline (bad decision). It ran perfect for a month then started cranking longer sometimes. Within a 6 months 1 failed resulting in an intermittent violent surge at idle (400- 1500 a few seconds then die. Thought it was a vacuum leak. I did find a couple of small ones with no resolution. I finally took it to the dealership, they found the faulty injector. They said anything less than 12 ohms was considered faulty. One measured 11 ohms. Then again this was for a '94 lQ1.

the injector was replace under warranty, but labor was a lot. I wish I would have bought NEW ones, I still might just to be done with it. It still cranks a while sometimes.

This is happening again.

I talked them in in to replacement under warranty or money back.

Anybody have experience with:

GB manufacturing (reman)

Standard automotive (new)

Accel (new) 23lb/hr.

Thanks for your input.

fuelinjectorconnection.com is where i got my reman's and they come with a 3 year warranty which is better than most new injectors and obviously the prices are better for reman's

These are Rochester Multec injectors that are not supposed to be refurbed. At one time cleaning companies would no longer take these injectors in for cleaning.

Do a search for Delphi FJ10009 on ebay there are some good prices.

Do a search for Delphi FJ10009 on ebay there are some good prices.
I found some for $19.99 ea., suppose to be band new Delphi, 30 day return, 1yr warranty. Are these for real or relabeled Chinese junk or something? It makes me a little nervous.

I found some for $19.99 ea., suppose to be band new Delphi, 30 day return, 1yr warranty. Are these for real or relabeled Chinese junk or something? It makes me a little nervous.

Have you tried searching for counterfeit results? Usually, someone has some info on something like that if they've been around a little while. I noticed some stuff that looked a bit too cheap on ebay in Delphi boxes lately. Whether it's legit closeout items or counterfeit, I don't know.

Wow, that's really suspiciously cheap. I also see some are $18.95 shipped. I wonder if there's any way to figure out if they are genuine or fake? Like maybe email someone at Delphi and ask if they'd be able to tell you if injectors are legit or fake if you send them the numbers stamped on it. If they can, then buy one and email all relevant markings and numbers to them, return it if it's fake or buy 5 more if it's legit.

I was able to get someone at Standard Motor Products to return an email when I asked them to verify the numbers on the injectors I bought from Rockauto which is how I discovered they sent me the wrong ones.

I've also read that a lot of F-body guys swear by Ford injectors, made by Bosch. Some are disc type which is supposedly much better than pintle type. In all of the threads discussing it, this company popped up a lot. http://www.southbayfuelinjectors.com/

I talked to the eBay guys at Herko group. They are liquidators that buy out inventory from defunct companies or from companies that have leftover inventory they no longer want to carry. They can't verify where or when they were made, they may have been made 2 days ago or 20 years ago. Sounds like they would be ok.

I called the guys at SouthBay as well, they said the factory injectors were Rochester Multec (as ron350 said, not a great brand) but was going to see about Bosch fitment.

I told the Southbay guy I thought it was closer to 22.5 lb/hr (thanks Mr. Saar). He did some more searching and found info that they were 19 lb/hr.

I would like to get the Bosch ones, should I just tell him I want 22 lb/hr ?

BTW his price is $145 for 6.

To add more confusion...

This says 21# for 91-93.

http://www.nitrostreet.com/injectors.htm

When I Google FJ10009, several sites also say 21#.

On the other hand, Rockauto says 91-93 uses different injectors than 94-95. You'd think if they were all 21#, they'd use the same injectors. :shrug:

Something else to keep in mind is I've read (on f-body forums again) that Ford injectors run lower rail pressure and therefore they will flow more with GM pressure. Might need to find out at what pressure SouthBay injectors are rated at.

The SouthBay guy is saying 29.5 lb/hr injector. I find that hard to believe as that's what my Grand National had from the factory. He was going to do some more research.

i know where he got that number from and it isn't a reliable source at all.

I told the Southbay guy I thought it was closer to 22.5 lb/hr (thanks Mr. Saar). He did some more searching and found info that they were 19 lb/hr.

I would like to get the Bosch ones, should I just tell him I want 22 lb/hr ?

BTW his price is $145 for 6.

and 19 lb/hr sounds like he was looking at 96-99 3400 injectors.....

To add more confusion...

This says 21# for 91-93.

http://www.nitrostreet.com/injectors.htm

When I Google FJ10009, several sites also say 21#.

On the other hand, Rockauto says 91-93 uses different injectors than 94-95. You'd think if they were all 21#, they'd use the same injectors. :shrug:

Something else to keep in mind is I've read (on f-body forums again) that Ford injectors run lower rail pressure and therefore they will flow more with GM pressure. Might need to find out at what pressure SouthBay injectors are rated at.

21 might be legit, I'm going off of the 91-93 calibration's injector flowrate sent to the DIC/DIS, which shows 22.4. GM fudging numbers a bit wouldn't surprise me. there is also the reference of .2875 grams flowed per second of injector on-time for the alpha-n idle(so, 3.478 grams/sec, over an hour that is 12,521.7 grams, which is 27.6 lbs, so....... no.)

so, a range of 21-22.5 is reasonable to assume.

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/45615-aftermarket-injector-upgrades

So, looks like they are dual pattern then as Galaxie500XL stated in the other thread.

I will be sticking with Dephi and I will let you know if the $20 injectors are worth it.

As my old neighbor says " it's only money, you'll make more"

There are three different designation numbers in the lower right corner of each box. All the boxes are copy written 2005.

005c4dd3ecc746068e44c3d0045909de.jpg

There are (4) #5166 17113750 and (2) #2216 17113750

2543662a530fb5ac35b22aa249a852fd.jpg

The guy at South Bay injectors insisted the Delphi # started with a 17 and the Standard # started with FJ.

Maybe this is what he meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

considering their age/application, almost certainly imply "no returns".

Makes sence. When I talked to them, they (and their E-bay ad) says 30 day refund and 12 month warranty.

Having the new clips would indicate NOS.

I got a chance to install the injectors last night. So far so good.

With the engine still on the warm side from driving it 10 mi. to change oil and filter while it's warmed up. Upon start up, it took 5 min. or so for the idle to drop from 1200 RPM or so down to a steady, unwavering 750 RPM.

There is no more sluggishly rich acceleration, no RPM hunting or surging. The fuel mixture seems spot on, smooth even powerful acceleration, no long crank times when starting hot.

I hope it lasts for at least another 10 years.