02 impala 3.8 uim and lim and valve cover

biglion

needing some info and help on how to replace my gaskets on the intake manifold and lower manifold and valve cover gaskets i will be doing this by myself so just want to do it right first time thanks

I've sent an email to the email address you signed up to the site with some information about performing those repairs. Should you need anything else, just let me know. :thumbsup:

EDIT: By the way, there are some 3800 intake replacement how-to's on youtube if you need to see anything in action before attempting it yourself. :D

Edited by mfewtrail

The 3800 LIMG swap isn't hard at all. There's tons of videos on youtube how to do it. I can tell you how to do it, but I did it on a Camaro. The principle is the same though, the first thing to come off is the accessories like the engine cover, air filter, coolant hose, the throttle body, etc. You may need to take the coil packs off. Not sure on the FWD. On the Camaro it does. Once the intake plenum is isolated, you take it off with 8mm nuts. Then you disconnect the fuel rail with the quick disconnect tool and take off the 4 8mm bolts that hold it in. Disconnect the wiring harness and move it away.

By this point, you're at the upper intake manifold. There's 12 10mm screws that hold it in. 2 or 3 are hidden in the ports. Once those are off, you're at the LIM.

It's a 4 hour job. You should do your valve cover gaskets while you're there as well. The access is a lot easier with the plenum off.