Crank position sensor R&R 1994 Cutlass supreme 3.4

2robtalbot

The sensor is located on the axle shaft side of the block in the center, down by the oil pan rail.

Getting it out is not too difficult, one just has to work around the axle shaft. A hoist would be beneficial. If you pull off the passenger side wheel & remove the dirt shield you can see the harness that leads to it. (not to be confused with the knock sensor which is in the same general area)

It's in a pretty weird place, the transaxle is in the way. When I replaced mine, "easiest" way was to remove the retaining bolt, then CAREFULLY reach over the top of the transaxle with a wide flat-blade screwdriver, place the blade between the block and sensor, and GENTLY twist the screwdriver to get a bit of force to help it out of the bung, while using my other hand to carefully rotate the sensor side to side. It took several minutes to work mine out of the block.

You don't want to use too much force--if you break the sensor off in the engine, you're probably going to have to pull the engine to get the remaining parts of the sensor out of the hole.