Map Sensor =LOW??

Twinpilot001

Heres another problem i seem to keep having =MAP =low code given. I hav ereplaced the map sensor 2 times now=back to back!! I keep getting a map low code & then engine runs badly -yet doesnt quit! Manuals tell me that means there is a "High"Vacumn. Yet what the heck here? vacumn is not adjustable. Why /what would cause a map low?? Thanx. Again car is a 1988 olds cutlass FWD 2.8 engine.

I remember years ago I had a map sensor code(can't remember what one) but I replaced the MAP sensor like you, but that did not fix the issue. I gave up and took it to my mechanic who replaced the MAF sensor(in between the airbox and throttle body on 88 w-bodies) and that fixed the issue.

It could also be the Vacuum issue you've posted about as well. Have you ensured the MAP Sensor's vacuum line is hooked up?

if the vacuum line weren't hooked up to it, MAP would read atmospheric pressure, which is going to set a MAP high code.

if the MAP sensor doesn't get a good +5V reference, it will cause MAP low codes.

actually, I could grab the DTC flowchart once I have a few spare minutes..... does this car have the MAF-disable update done?