Junkyards near Buffalo NY?

j_mezz

I have to travel to Buffalo for work next weekend and I'll have pretty much the whole weekend to kill, so I thought if there's a yard nearby, and if they're not still buried beneath 5 feet of snow, that might be a good way to kill some time. I won't have more than an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver but...window shopping is always fun anyway :biggrin:.

Anyone know of any good yards in or around the Buffalo NY area?

I did Google it (found M+M) but I'm hoping someone local will have the skinny on what the best place to go is (who's got the most W's, who's prices are better, who lets you wander around the yard, etc...).

Edited by j_mezz

M&M is one of the better ones, and unfortunately, the only one I know of. Usually have a good selection.

If you want to drive a bit, there is one in Bergen, and another in Brockport, but you're looking at an hour drive. If I wasn't going out of town next weekend, I'd have made the drive to check some out.

Cool, thanks! That's the kind of confirmation I was looking for. I don't have any U-pull-it lots anywhere near me so I'm looking forward to wandering around, hopefully the weather co-operates!

• 3 weeks later...
Gary's in Binghamton, and one in Horseheads / Elmira. Would only make sense on the way up or on your return though.

While I believe his trip is over, I would agree with you.

Here's the Upstate NY U-pull breakdown that I know of and/or have been to:

Buffalo:

M&M U pull It - www.mmupullit.com/ - 2150 William Street #4, Buffalo, NY 14206

Rochester:

Performance Auto Parts 104 - performanceparts.com/ 2069 Drake Rd., Brockport, NY 14420

Bergen Auto Parts - www.bergenautoparts.com - 7652 Clinton Street Road, Bergen, NY 14416 (should still be u-pull, but recently bought by another company)

Wilbert's U-Pull It - www.wilbertsinc.com/WilbertsUPullIt.aspx - 4936 Route 104 Williamson, NY 14589

Elmira:

Horseheads Pick A Part - http://www.horseheadspickapart.com/ 1592 Sears Rd, Elmira, NY 14903

Syracuse:

Pick-N-Pull Auto Parts & Recycling Center - www.picknpullofauburn.com/ - 6983 N Street Road, Auburn, NY 13021

Vince’s U-Pull-It - http://www.vincesupullit.com/ - 8659 Old River Road Marcy, NY 13403 (closer to Utica)

Binghamton:

Gary's U-Pull-It - www.garysupullit.com/ - 230 Colesville Road, Binghamton, NY 13904

Hey, thanks for the info. I am there and back now and don't think I'll have to go back but good to know all this in case I do. I did stop in at M and M, picked up a couple of do-dads too!