Crazy idea, is it possible?

Deacon

So I really like the idea of the auto headlights the car companies introduced a while back.

Unfortunately, they didn't have them back in 95 on my GP SE.

So my question is can I get the parts from a newer GP and put them in mine?

Is it even feasible?

Your thoughts?

That was a feature / option on some higher end GM cars in the mid-'90s, even before DRLs. My '95 Aurora has them and the '95 Bonneville I used to have was supposed to have them but they never worked right. Wiring them into a car that was never intended to have them could be tricky but not impossible.

Pull the stuff to do that out of a Canadian car at a Canadian junkyard. DRL's have been mandatory in Canada since the late 1980s.

He doesn't mean the DRL, he means the automatic headlights that turn on when the sensor doesn't sense sun light. The sensor is usually by the defroster

He doesn't mean the DRL, he means the automatic headlights that turn on when the sensor doesn't sense sun light. The sensor is usually by the defroster

The Canadian DRL setup from I think 1990-on did include full auto-headlights as well. It had a sensor on the dash that when it got dark enough out, it switched on full headlights. I think you could actually use the module from a Canadian car and hook up only the auto headlights part if you don't want/need DRLs, or hook up all of it for everything.

A forum member in Canada sent me the factory Canadian setup many years ago. Unfortunately, I had lost interest in installing it so I never did.

There are also many aftermarket setups that may be much easier to install, some even sold as kits through GM Parts. I may still have one of those kits too, not sure.