Just scored a 2011 Impala LT

Human

So, about a month ago, my dad called me up and said he was shopping for a new car for my mom because the warranty was about to expire on her 2011 Impala LT, which only has 15,000 miles on it. As it so happened, my '97 Olds LSS had broken down and left me stranded on the road the night before. It was only the alternator, but it had put me in enough of a frustrated frame of mind that I eagerly jumped at the opportunity for an upgrade (my first 21st century car!). Dad bought Mom a new Buick LaCrosse the next week and I went down to pick the Chevy up on Halloween (or as I called it this year, 'Impalaween').

The car is absolutely pristine; it even still smells new. It has the LT Luxury Edition package, so it's essentially an LTZ without the 3.9L engine. It's loaded with leather, heated seats, Bose audio w/Bluetooth, etc., etc. I'm glad it has the 17-inch alloy wheels and rear spoiler; otherwise, it would be indistinguishable from a state motor pool vehicle. Being so new, I don't plan on making any mods any time soon, but I did visit a bone yard recently to snag the emblems off the back of a 2003 Impala for a little 'arts & crafts' project in the form of a decorative front license plate. I like the way it turned out.

The 3500 engine is adequate but not all that exciting; however, it does turn in respectable gas mileage--22-23 mpg in town and 33-34 on the highway.

This isn't my first W-body. I had a 1991 Cutlass Supreme coupe from 1996-1999. It was a fire engine red beauty with a lot of the cosmetic goodies normally associated with the International Series. That was a great car. Since then, I've mainly had H-body cars (three Olds LSS's and a Bonneville) along with a couple of Olds Auroras, the second of which I still own. As you can tell, my GM roots run deep. My dad is retired from Oldsmobile.

Congrats on the new car! I just picked up an 09 LT for my wife, however not nearly as loaded as yours :lol: It really is a great car, it just lacks in the FUCK YEAH column. I found ours with 43k on it

I agree. It kind of suffers from terminal blandness. There's nothing particularly offensive about the design, but there's nothing all that exciting about it, either. That said, the interior is pretty well thought out in terms of ergonomics. That's one of the reasons I'm still holding onto my '95 Aurora. It's just too much fun to drive.

Congrats on the new car! I just picked up an 09 LT for my wife, however not nearly as loaded as yours :lol: It really is a great car, it just lacks in the FUCK YEAH column. I found ours with 43k on it

Welcome to the forum! I'm a big fan of the 3500 (aside from the crossover and head gasket leaks) and would definitely buy another powered by it!

I agree about the blandness though. The Impala is definitely not a car I ever pay attention to on the road..

He never was comparing the two? :dunno:

I know but I personally feel the "real" Impala was discontinued in 1996. I always called the W body and current Impala a Lumina with an Impala badge. That's not saying I don't like them, just wish they were RWD and were full size. I did kinda get the wish of full size with teh switch to epsilon but now it has bland styling.