93 Convertible side window mechanism hangs up.... better in 94?

pubmags

I currently have a 94 Cutlass Supreme convert and my rear side windows go up and down beautifully.

It's got a Its got 125K miles on it and I put 81,000 of those miles on it, so believe me those rear windows have been used!

Prior to this car I had a 93 CS vert and the side windows would hang up, badly.

My sister recently picked up another 93 CS vert, and her side windows hang up badly also.

They get between half & 3/4 down and hang up (actually pitch forward). I can help them get all the way down , then I need to help them get back up, too.

The roller connected to the window motor is forward mounted on the window, so I understand why its doing it. I'm just having trouble correcting it.

Does anybody know if there was an improvement to the rear window mechanism in 94 or am I just lucky (this time), and my sister isn't.

Thanks,

Dan

I would check your guides on the front of your window. My rear drivers side window was acting the same way until the guide ended up breaking because they were so worn down.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/80380-rear-quarter-window-ruining-my-weather-stripping

I was able to get better guides from a 94 vert at a local yard near me and now it workes great

Edited by Drummer