Vertical ext door handle hardware?

olds65

Hello all. So my exterior door handle broke on my 92 for the millionth time. The 3 nuts that hold the door handle down are stripped and wont hold it down. Where do you guys get the correct hardware for these door handles? The long vertical ones. Thanks!!!

Ah, I thought you said the studs were stripped. I thing I have a couple of those nuts on a spare door. I will check in a few and let you know.

Hello all. So my exterior door handle broke on my 92 for the millionth time. The 3 nuts that hold the door handle down are stripped and wont hold it down. Where do you guys get the correct hardware for these door handles? The long vertical ones. Thanks!!!

You can get some at any hardware store but they look like washers with a hex pressed into them. I think I have seen them at AutoZone as well but much cheaper at a Lowes or HomeDepot. Self threading nuts I believe they are called, I got several tiny bags for just a few $.

The doors are called "pillar door handles" btw.

The nuts that hold them in can be found at lowes (home depot sucks for this kind of stuff... at least in my area). They're called self threading nuts. The ones that come with the car are "acorn nuts", but you can't find replacements for them. Normal self threading nuts work though. You might have to take the door handle with you however to measure the stud.

Another note, the stud isn't stripped. The door handle comes without any threads on that stud, hence the self threading nuts.

Thanks! Haha i just was at home depot and i am well aware now they do not have self threading nuts. I will give lowes a call. I appreciate the help greatly