Greetings from an Englishman in Poland!

Dinsdale

Hello everybody!

I landed here whilst surfing around to learn all about the 1991 Buick Regal Limited coupe with a 3.1L engine and shocking rear brakes :).

I'm helping a friend get her Regal sorted out.......all the rotors are badly corroded, some if not all the pistons are sticking, the parking brake doesn't, and the passenger side rear shocker is shot. There are a few other minor issues, and other then the problems listed, the car drives very well and most things work fine.

There aren't many of these cars in Poland, and it seems like getting good-quality parts at sensible prices could be a problem.

Anyway, I've had a browse around the forum and am impressed! I might be in asking questions, but I'll make sure I try to find answers already posted before chipping in.

I have no experience of American cars, so it's an interesting escapade for me. I have two British Morris Minors which I'm steadily restoring.........you can find pictures of them at my non-commercial-no-adverts-nothing-to-buy-just-for-fun website:

http://morrisminorpoland.webs.com

Cheers!

Edited by Dinsdale

That's quite a combination, I happen to be a Tennessean in America and it really confuses the locals, sometimes I tell them I`m a foreign exchange student with the thick southern John Wayne accent.

I`m not sure where you could get parts from, maybe other members might know. If you have some experience with restoring British cars then this will probably be easy for you.

The shenanigans and tomfoolery levels are epic here but there really isn't a better site out there when it come to info and experience with any of the W-body cars.

Welcome to the forum!!

I think (though I could be wrong) that you can probably find parts on http://www.rockauto.com and have them shipped internationally.

Being an Englishman, you should be all too familiar with two of the vehicles listed in my signature ;) LOL

Welcome Dinsdale, Thank god for the internet so blokes like you can find good help. My ancestors lived in Yorkshire, Dalton to be exact.

I had a 1990 Regal 2D custom with a 3.1 back in the mid to late '90's.

I hope you find the parts you're looking for.

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome!

And to Tornado for the parts pointer......I hope your Range Rovers didn't come with dead pheasant and old smelly wellies in the back :).

Edited by Dinsdale

Welcome!! I´m from Uruguay and I have the same problems to get parts but there is always someone who could help you here! And you can also make a trip and visit the States like me and bring home everything you are in need! Or simply get them by mail. God bless the internet!