Vacumn line-?? where ?---HELP!!

Twinpilot001

On my 1988 olds cutlas supreme FWD- 2.8 engine- im almost done !!-yet help is needed!!- On the throttle body (top) there is a rubber vacumn line connector- it has 4 lines- 1989 has 3 lines- what i cant find is where the HVAC/ cruse labled = line goes to ?? diagram says =Hvac/cruse- diagram does not tell where it goes to -appears maybe thru firewall>???> yet I cannot find -where it goes to ? Where does this plastic line hook to?? The crusie controll on drivers side engine compartment has 2 lines on it going to -INSIDE the car. This line i cant find goes from the throttle body to --????????? where??& its labled hvac / cruise on all diagrams for 1988 & 89 same line - yet shown not where it goes to.!! Help as im lost in space!! I have noticed when im ideling the car ( not driving as yet) the heater also does not work!--No differences between defrost & floor heater?? therefore im assuming the line im searching for somehow connects -- somewhere for that also . Any help is needed Thanx!!!!!!!:roll:

Edited by Twinpilot001

Someone knows where this line goes from engine compartment into the inside car area!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!line comes off Throttle body connector (top throttle body) & goes to where??????? :roll::think: Has to be in engine compartment -somewhere--- to get thru firewall area?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!! Today got the car running - have all vacumn lines hooked up =EXCEPT!! 1 heres my deliema!!- the line from the intake (rubber 4 hole vacumn thingy) - diagram says HVAC/ Cruise- for the life of me & my small Hands wife!! & flasklights / mirrors ect.= we cannot locate where this line from the intake hooks to?? Diagrams show it like going into firewall?? yet i find the cruise vacumn actuator on drivers side fender area is hooked up & lines all going into the car in electrical bundle feed thru area! This line has to have some external line that it goes to ?? HELP!! remember -i have a olds cutlass FWD 1988 2.8 model. 88 & 89 seemingly are the same-except ! 89 has a 3 port rubber vacumn/ throttle =intake lines on it !same diagram mostly =-i just cant locate any line anywhere that SHOULD hook to the intake line.!

Does this help any? It's an actual picture of the check valve area on the car.

PQ3KfQ9.jpg

In the photo, the hvac line to the intake/throttle body line is the one that is on the other side of the check valve from where I'm holding it(straight underneath the blue connector).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx to all - car still not good- I cant seem to get it to start when cold- cranks long time =tries to start--yet i floor the accl-pedal still no start - seems to want to backfire- not badly once / twice- yet have checked fuel pressure -good 40+ psi, spark excellent too-compression great! When i (while running -before) induced carb cleaner spray - finding only 1 area under intale plenum=that engine will smoothe & run better. yet i know the intake gasket is new & good.Maybe a cracked line that goes fron top intake rubber feed to fuel rail vacumn & then "T's" to map sensor is bad or leaking?? Just cant seem to figure why engine before ran @ idle for over (3 times) 1+ hour each. now wont run? I still have not tried to test drive the car. long ago- when i did drive it -would die -then non run - towed back to house(close by) i believed that was due to TPS being bad!! replaced that & adjusted values. I did have the crank sensor replaced when all the non-start & dieing on road 1st became a problem.It was bad. Car ran very good after that except @ 65 mph - it was like someone turned the key off- let up on accl- ran good again. Thats when i discovered the TPS was bad & replaced. I havent been able to get this car driveable again!! it has no cam sensor is obd 1 - & is 88 olds cutlass= fwd-2.8 engine-- multi port fi. I did have a map that leaked vac & replaced that. Cleaned idle air sol too. only code todate i can usually get is code 34 map low. Im bald & still pulling my hair!!:(

• 1 month later...

in the pix u sent= where u r thumb is ? where does that line go to??also=where does the line coming off the "T" go to ( one to right of thumb)? If i am understanding you correctly????? The line that is straight / from thumb area- just past the ?? one way check valve? -- going under the blue electrical connector?? = is the one going up to the main line to the intake connector / for HVAC? its also the largest diameter line (like 1/4 '?)