98 Monte Interior Need Info

Travis Gold

Looking to swap the ugly cloth seats in my car, looking at 98 Grand prix seats, are they a direct bolt in?

I'm also looking to swap the center console, what center consoles. Work in these cars?

Looking to swap the ugly cloth seats in my car, looking at 98 Grand prix seats, are they a direct bolt in?

I'm also looking to swap the center console, what center consoles. Work in these cars?

nope not a direct swap....BUT!......not a hard conversion. remove the tracks from both sets of seats. line up ur stock tracks on the gp seats and mark the holes. drill the holes needed in the gp seats. bolt gp seats in car.

as to the console....best fit ive found is from 2000-05 montes. takesa lil tweaking but its not bad.

btw i have 05 monte ss seats and console in my supercharged 97 monte :)

as to the console....best fit ive found is from 2000-05 montes. takesa lil tweaking but its not bad.

What "tweaking" is involved to make this work?

I'm not sure how hard they are to find up north there, but have you thought of leather and a console from another 95-99 Monte/Lumina?

Unbroken gen 1.5 console lids are nearly unobtainium, although there is surpisingly three used ones on ebay right now. They are always pricey though. The three on right now range from $85 to $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-MONTECARLO-MONTE-CARLO-MIDDLE-CONSOLE-LID-ARM-REST-BLACK-97-00-OEM-/261508805153?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce323b221&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-96-97-98-99-CHEVY-MONTE-CARLO-ARMREST-CENTER-CONSOLE-LID-COVER-BLACK-/151351078887?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233d3a2fe7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-99-CHEVY-MONTE-CARLO-Z34-BLACK-CENTER-CONSOLE-LID-ARMREST-ARM-REST-96-97-98-/181531737407?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a44227d3f&vxp=mtr

some trimming around where it goes around the shifter bracket and drilling two holes to mount the rear. also need a lumina ashtray

some trimming around where it goes around the shifter bracket and drilling two holes to mount the rear. also need a lumina ashtray

Define trimming... I took off some brackets on the console to get it to sit flush on the floor, but IDK how to fix the big gap that's towards the back of the console... that and I need to figure out how to mount the damn thing with bolts. It just chills there right now.