Engine Blown In My Cutlass

Mark 97 Cutlass Coupe

Tonight the engine in my Cutlass let go. I was just driving around town, and it started banging very loudly, and then died. Once it cooled down, I tried to start it and it ran for a few seconds, very rough, and very loud. So, I'm screwed. I have a few questions. First, does anyone know or have experience with Jasper engines, or know what they cost? I live in the Pittsburgh area, and am also thinking a used engine. Anybody have a rough idea what a used engine install might be? I really love my car, and it is so clean, I can't stand the thought of getting rid of it. It has just about 145,000 on it, and before this, everything worked perfectly . I know some of you guys live in the Pittsburgh area, so if you know of any good shops to recommend, please let me know. I'm going to the shop tomorrow (I had it towed tonight) to see what they have to say, but I'm afraid I already know the answer.

Have you looked into what caused the failure in your current engine? IIRC someone mentioned a situation similar to this several years ago and I believe he had a broken valve spring.