Hello from Ontario

Sunday Rider

Hi,

Got a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3 years ago that only had 45,000 km on it. Was my Mom's car, none of the grandsons wanted it, so I took it. It has been a great car. I now have 152,000 km on it.

Looking forward to explore the forum for this so far wonderful car.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah welcome. I'm from Canada as well. Great cars, if you pay attention to the lower intake manifold, and the leaf spring end pads, they'll last a long time. At the 100k mile part, I'd personally start looking at doing at least the front struts. Shouldn't cost you more than $100 for the parts if you have a friend in the USA who can order from Amazon or Rockauto for the KYBs. And you can rent the tool from Crappy Tyre to change them.

Unfortunately they salt the roads all to h*ll in Southern Ontario, so not sure how long you'll be able to keep the car without the rust getting too bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and the good advice. I will keep an eye on those things. I am not much of a wrencher besides oil changes, brake jobs. I've never worked on suspension or manifolds. But I am willing to learn.:D

Welcome!

Thanks!

I traveled through St. Marys last year. Beautiful area, lots of motor bikes touring around. The main road was under construction. Will definitely go back again.

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen! My timing to join is perfect, I am starting to get an intermittent glitch with the remote locking/unlocking. I changed out the remote button battery, but still the same response. Very strange, as it has been working great. I searched here, but only found a page that seemed promising, but no article was found in the thread.

PS woke up to a dusting of snow, just enough to cover the leaves and the poor Pontiac. Maybe I will have to shovel leaves instead of raking them. :D