Worn mono-leaf caused by Moog nylon pad

George

The rumor is true.

This is the mono-leaf off my '94 Cutlass vert after 70k miles with the Moog plastic nylon spring pad isolators.

When possible use the original style rubber pad isolators.9da52848f509619703e38ea591b473d2.jpg4eb296e3a3826d54ac12a547f225e06a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rubber pads glue on so by prepared to spend a little time scraping the old ones off and letting the glue / epoxy dry on the new ones. Should do it before it gets too cold unless you have access to a heated shop. I went with the Moog nylon ones because I changed them outside in November, plus they were quick and easy.

Are you sure such wear wasn't present prior to installing the nylon pads? After all, most won't install the nylon pads until after the previous pads have been obliterated and monoleaf to steel knuckle wear is present.

I replaced them at 95k when I got my car, the left rubber pad was split but not rubbing. The right had rubbed a bit on the very tip. I did have coil overs on it (that I got at j/y but the springs were smashed, coil bind, for maybe 1 k miles. I put the mono leaf back on. I just put coil overs back on last week end.90c2eafad74a7dc57a721ca76c8c2e97.jpg8a7b12a5112396c564f7228623995b82.jpg