4T60E Question #100 or so

Nas Escobar

Not even gonna bother giving a back story.

Do the 4T60E trans on the 3100 interchange with the ones on the 3.4 TDC/DOHC?

If not, what changes? What will be the worst that happens if I do a swap like this?

I only ask because most cars in my local have the 3100.

Also can a 96 trans go in a 94?

Not even gonna bother giving a back story.

Do the 4T60E trans on the 3100 interchange with the ones on the 3.4 TDC/DOHC?

If not, what changes? What will be the worst that happens if I do a swap like this?

I only ask because most cars in my local have the 3100.

Also can a 96 trans go in a 94?

Gear ratios are dif

3.43 vs 3.33, so 3%. might be enough to anger the PCM's TCC slip calc if not taken care of in the calibration.

if you ran tires that had a 3% smaller circumfrence, it would make up for it.

as for the other question, yes, with some qualifications. a 96 3100 or 96 3.4 car?

Check out the electrical connection on the front of the trans, if they are the same between the same years of 3100/LQ1 they should swap. But the L82 and LG8 3100s have different trans connections I found.

3.4 car. I just need a trans for my 94.

a 96 3.4 SHOULD work fine, you'll need to keep the 94 shifter position switch at a minimum, but most other things should work as-is. they even both carry the PBW code.

Check out the electrical connection on the front of the trans, if they are the same between the same years of 3100/LQ1 they should swap. But the L82 and LG8 3100s have different trans connections I found.

L82 would be a 4T60E

LG8 would be a 4T65

Afik the only cars with 4t60hds were 1996 l67 cars

those are the only ones i've even heard of as well.

a 96 3.4 SHOULD work fine, you'll need to keep the 94 shifter position switch at a minimum, but most other things should work as-is. they even both carry the PBW code.

What do you mean, keep the 94 shifter position switch at a minimum?

those are the only ones i've even heard of as well.

Well, I didin't know the 4T60 HD existed until someone told me they saw the stamp on a H body... which brings us question #102...

A 3800 4T60... how different are the ratios between it and the 3.4 trans?

What do you mean, keep the 94 shifter position switch at a minimum?

the 94-95 3.4 shifter position switch is fairly unique in that it doesn't interchange with the 93-95 3100 or 96+ 3100 or 3.4 cars. i'm fairly certain that is the only thing that will need swapped from one trans to the other.

Well, I didin't know the 4T60 HD existed until someone told me they saw the stamp on a H body... which brings us question #102...

A 3800 4T60... how different are the ratios between it and the 3.4 trans?

all of the 4T60E-HD models use a 3.29 gearset with a 37/33 chainset, causing a final drive ratio of 2.93:1, compared to the 3.43:1 of the LQ1.

the LQ1 uses a 3.06 gearset with a 33/37 chainset, causing its 3.43:1 ratio.

all of the 4T60E-HD models use a 3.29 gearset with a 37/33 chainset, causing a final drive ratio of 2.93:1, compared to the 3.43:1 of the LQ1.

the LQ1 uses a 3.06 gearset with a 33/37 chainset, causing its 3.43:1 ratio.

Wow.... I thought they would be similar...

So all 3800's got that gear ratio? Or was it just the H body ones?

depends on the year/platform. sometimes, option packages too(grand sport regals got a 3.06 instead of 2.84 with the other 3800 regals, stuff like that).

96 specifically, 3.05, 3.06, 2.84, 2.93 are all ratios the 3800 cars could have.

Damn, so the only way to get a 3.43 trans is to find another LQ1?

Fuck man, I might take this back to the 3100 idea.

How screwy will the car be with 3.33 gears? Will it just be painfully slow, painful at the gas tank or will I still be stuck in 3rd gear for no fucking reason?

How screwy will the car be with 3.33 gears? Will it just be painfully slow, painful at the gas tank or will I still be stuck in 3rd gear for no fucking reason?

Unsure of how itd react on obd1. On my obd2 setup as long as the check eng lite is on itll b ok. Itll wind a lil higher between shifts, kill stop and go mpgs a bit, increase highway mpgs a lil, bong a bit on takeoff, that is if itll react the same obd2

Unsure of how itd react on obd1. On my obd2 setup as long as the check eng lite is on itll b ok. Itll wind a lil higher between shifts, kill stop and go mpgs a bit, increase highway mpgs a lil, bong a bit on takeoff, that is if itll react the same obd2

Yours trully has been rocking a 3.29 gear 4t65 on a 2.93 geared pcm for a year now lol

the LQ1 is the only 4T60 application to have ever used the 3.43 gearing.

3.33 gearing is likely to never be felt by the driver(or the engine), it's only a 3% difference in torque multiplication. stuck in 3rd? probably not. since the engine will be spinning 3% slower than it would with the 3.43 gearing, the TCC slip calc will probably be satisfied enough to never disable 4th gear/TCC lock until there is a LOT of slip going on.

So I'm going back to an earlier post because I talked to the guy that has the trans.

3.43 vs 3.33, so 3%. might be enough to anger the PCM's TCC slip calc if not taken care of in the calibration.

Calibration basically means reprogram right?

Its coming off an L82. I don't see a 4T65 going in unless I can pay one if you guys to do it for me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

the earlier PCM is likely to be similar, if not slightly more tolerant.

So I can't just grab a pcm from a Dohc W?

why would you need to grab another PCM?

Same reason everyone else does... To ship it out for programming.