Convertible top seals and weather stripping

92 olds cutty drop

Does any one know where I can find convertible top seals and weather stripping for a 1992 olds cutty drop? All of mine are completely worn out and cracked. These are the only parts I am having a hard time locating even on the web. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, they're not made anymore. You're gonna have to figure out how to fix the existing ones (aka pack a lot of urethane on top of them until it is satisfactory), have some custom made, or figure out how to retrofit new ones from another car. I took Sebring seals (just the rearmost one) and retrofitted them onto my Cutty. I was not able to replicate the header panel though, as the Chrysler is more narrow than the Cutlass.

As far as the door and trunk weatherstripping, I took some out of a Monte Carlo (for the doors) and cut them up to size. Not the best option, but it works. I need to find a good newer donor car for the trunk seals

• 2 years later...

You guys might find some help here, I have never personally ordered from them though.

http://www.topsdown.com/index.html

That helps me since I have a 94 Cavalier and I'm going to eventually need seals but they don't even list a Cutlass Supreme past 88, and that specific one is referring to the G body that our chassis's version of the Cutlass replaced.

• Like 1

But it's a Cutlass Supreme. LOL

I'm gonna see if I can contact them about making new seals for us. I have a set I got for that specific purpose in Ohio last year. Apparently, they now carry Cavalier parts but not our parts.

But it's a Cutlass Supreme. LOL

I'm gonna see if I can contact them about making new seals for us. I have a set I got for that specific purpose in Ohio last year. Apparently, they now carry Cavalier parts but not our parts.

They'll be an upfront cost to produce them, if they can. I'm willing to contribute to that upfront cost. Just let me know.

They'll be an upfront cost to produce them, if they can. I'm willing to contribute to that upfront cost. Just let me know.

I've always had the idea of trying to get a group buy of 10 or 15 but I'm not sure if there's even demand for that.

I've always had the idea of trying to get a group buy of 10 or 15 but I'm not sure if there's even demand for that.

I believe there will always be a demand. Somebody is always looking for weatherstrips. There are more people in the w-body fb site that have shown interest in the past too. Personally, I'd end up buying at least two sets. I'm confident I could find a buyer of the extra set down the road.

I talked to a Steele rep at a car show last year about Vert seals, they dont make them but if provided a decent sample they could reproduce them. 

I`ll contribute $$$ and possibly a spare A pillar seal for a new set.

I talked to a Steele rep at a car show last year about Vert seals, they dont make them but if provided a decent sample they could reproduce them.

I`ll contribute $$$ and possibly a spare A pillar seal for a new set.

I have a spare set of A pillar seals and the whole weatherstripping from a 92 vert. I am saving it for this exact purpose.