Fuel pump wiring diagram

dcm4003

So it's me, the FNG . i found this forum ( and glad I did ) Googling for a wiring diagram for a 92 Cutlass Supreme fuel pump wiring diagram. parked my car at a restaurant the other night and no start when I came out to go home. Got it home today. I have owned a Supreme of one vintage or another since 94 so not a total newbie. Made a Snap On Payment from '75 til '11 so have some tools and some knowledge. I have no power to the fuel pump relay on either the energizer circuit or the operating circuit. Pump/ ECM fuse is good in r/s fuse box. Can't find any other fuses blown. Anyone have a diagram so I can see where power SHOULD be coming from for the energizer circuit and the operating circuit ? My ( probably faulty) memory tells me the energizer circuit should be hot 7-10 second after key goes to run position and operating circuit should be hot as long as the key is in the run position. No juice in either hole on the relay spot in the fuse box. Any ideas ? Thanks

Thanks Robert. i looked around the site and didn't see it. thanks for you help. Looks like an ECM issue as NEITHER circuit will energize. I'll back probe pins to check power tomorrow.

wouldn't be the first time i've seen the ECM be the cause of it not operating normally.

you SHOULD be able to unplug the oil pressure sensor and jump the two terminals there that can supply power to the pump above ~4PSI and get the pump to turn on. the priming terminal should also be able to power it.

I saw that in the diagram. You know that oil sender is buried down low on a 92 between the starter and the coil pack. That DOHC engine fills the engine compartment pretty full. Crawling my fat a$$ under there to jump it will be my exercise for the day. The part that bugs me is I ran 12V to the output side of the relay port in the fuse box and STILL didn't build fuel pressure. Odd that I have NO power on either circuit AND cannot get it to pump with juice to the output. Like the pump quit AND lost power to the relay. I have had a no start issue on this car and another Cutlass I had previously owned caused by a shorted injector. That car was the old flat top 2.8 in my first love black 89. This prevents the pump from running, I'm not sure why. The pump WILL run if you jump the relay in that case though so this has me scratching my head. I already unplugged the 3 injectors you can reach without removing the plenum on this engine.

NO Power? I'd be looking at the fusible link connected to the aux. battery post. Going from memory, there's two wires on the aux. post, the heavy cable from the battery, and the grey fusible link at--maybe--16 gauge, protecting a 12-gauge power wire. This wire crosses the engine compartment, and supplies power to the fuel pump fuse next to the fuel pump relay.

Good news, sorta. The pump runs when energized directly . The relay does operate when energized from the bottom side ( maybe wasn't getting a good connection when I tried yesterday) I pulled the r/s fuse box out today for better access. No power from ECM on D 7 or A 20 with key on or cranking. Oil pressure sensor does indicate pressure when cranked then key released. Car WILL fire once on cranking. Any thoughts ? Crank sensor / cam sensor ?

Edited by dcm4003