99 Regal GS, which pulley to run?

Frostflowz

Title, I have a 273,000 KM regal. New built trans, 2400 stall converter, speed daddy headers heat wrapped, full 3" out the back with a cutout mid way. Homemade 4" fenderwell as well. ZZP coils, wires, and tr6 plugs.

According to the zzp website I can safely run a 3.4. However for the 3.3, it specifys I could run that one as well...

This is a daily driver, more power is cool but keeping it tame is not a bad idea either. Which would you guys choose?

With that also said, which gauge will I need for keeping an eye on KR?

As for a tune, I have looked locally and they are all very far away from my budget.... I hear Overkill is one of the better ones.

Any help would be great, thanks

with a good tune you could prolly get away with a 3.4. i wouldnt put too much stock in zzps recemendations. you prolly wont get anyone recomending overkill here either. i guess he burned some bridges a while back here

Title, I have a 273,000 KM regal. New built trans, 2400 stall converter, speed daddy headers heat wrapped, full 3" out the back with a cutout mid way. Homemade 4" fenderwell as well. ZZP coils, wires, and tr6 plugs.

According to the zzp website I can safely run a 3.4. However for the 3.3, it specifys I could run that one as well...

This is a daily driver, more power is cool but keeping it tame is not a bad idea either. Which would you guys choose?

With that also said, which gauge will I need for keeping an eye on KR?

As for a tune, I have looked locally and they are all very far away from my budget.... I hear Overkill is one of the better ones.

Any help would be great, thanks

I would run a 3.6 if you aren't getting an in-car tune. Running a 3.4 on a canned-tune with your mods will probably have a less than desired timing just to be safe.

Also, always have a way to scan for KR.

I'm in agreement with the 3.5" pulley. You're not going to get much benefit from any smaller of a pulley without a proper tune.

Power costs money, and unless you're willing to spend coin on the inevitable engine and transmission failure, I'd keep it mild.

I'm in agreement with the 3.5" pulley. You're not going to get much benefit from any smaller of a pulley without a proper tune.

Power costs money, and unless you're willing to spend coin on the inevitable engine and transmission failure, I'd keep it mild.

I can't argue either, like I said this is just my daily, however I would like to get all she's worth, you know? The transmission is fully built now as it did crap out on me so I spent a little extra.

It doesn't need to be rocket ship fast, that's what my 72 gmc is for! However, I would like to put the lay down on some g35s and JDM stuff around town during my daily commutes that like to think they're fast =)