Edbone

Some please help! I recently purchased a red 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme convertible with 236k on the odometer. The problem that I am having is that when I purchased the car it had a damaged passenger side front fender, not knowing I removed and discarded the damaged fender and purchased a fender for a 4 door Cutlass supreme thinking that it would fit, but they are different. Is there any way that I can modify the fender that I have now to work with my convertible. The car has great potential, the drive train and power train are in good shape. I'm in California and all of the salvage yards that have the part are not local and I cant afford to pay $75-$150 for the fender and roughly $300 to have it shipped and right now this is my only means of transportation. Is there anyone out there with knowledge about my issues that can help me come up with a solution? Please help!!!!!

Bad news is the 4 door fender doesn't work as you found out, however, the good news is that a '92- '96 coupe fender can be modified to work by cutting 2 1/2in- 3in off the bottom, drilling two holes and reusing the speed nuts. When I did mine I mounted the fender temporarily to measure the bottom for trimming and drilling. Remove the fender, cut, drill, protect edges with paint and remount the fender. '91 may work as well, I don't recall when they changed from composite headlights to the mini quads.

Bad news is the 4 door fender doesn't work as you found out, however, the good news is that a '92- '96 coupe fender can be modified to work by cutting 2 1/2in- 3in off the bottom, drilling two holes and reusing the speed nuts. When I did mine I mounted the fender temporarily to measure the bottom for trimming and drilling. Remove the fender, cut, drill, protect edges with paint and remount the fender. '91 may work as well, I don't recall when they changed from composite headlights to the mini quads.

1992 would be that year... so it's 1992-1997 the compatible years.

I discovered you have to match the headlights when matching up fenders for the Cutlass. Mini-quad to mini-quad, IIRC the earlier coupe with the large lense style header panel will NOT work. I finally found a semi-decent coupe not long ago with the passenger side fender less damaged than mine and the dents are easier top pop out than I first thought.

You also shouldn't have any trouble exchanging fenders so long as the yard has one.