CDN

My lumina is in need of a driver seat replacement, had a nice big tear in it when I got her and the foam is pretty shot as well. From what I have been reading, it is possible to use a passenger seat in place of the driver's seat. My first question is in a 99 Lumina, is it a simple matter of unbolt old driver's seat and drop in a passenger's seat? If not, do I have to swap the hardware under the seats or something?

I know this has been asked before but I just want to make sure that I'm reading things right. If it's as simple as it sounds, not counting a stubborn nut or something, might be a easy enough project to take care of when I have some downtime.

Thanks

~Ryan

The best way to do it would be to take the seat cover and foam from the passenger side and put it on the driver side.

I am not sure if the seats swap from pass to driver. Could be a big hassle.

You'll have to swap the hardware, the floorpan isn't a symmetrical thing. Not too big a deal to swap, though, I've got a 6-way power seat in the passenger's side of my Cutlass, something Oldsmobile never offered. Swapping my seat onto the Regal donor hardware wasn't all that hard, it should be similar on your Lumina.

My lumina is in need of a driver seat replacement, had a nice big tear in it when I got her and the foam is pretty shot as well. From what I have been reading, it is possible to use a passenger seat in place of the driver's seat. My first question is in a 99 Lumina, is it a simple matter of unbolt old driver's seat and drop in a passenger's seat? If not, do I have to swap the hardware under the seats or something?

I know this has been asked before but I just want to make sure that I'm reading things right. If it's as simple as it sounds, not counting a stubborn nut or something, might be a easy enough project to take care of when I have some downtime.

Thanks

~Ryan

Or just do what i did on my 97 monte and swap to 00+ monte seats :)

Will those bolt right in? I wouldn't mind have a pair of bucket seats over the half bench thing that is in there now.

Will those bolt right in? I wouldn't mind have a pair of bucket seats over the half bench thing that is in there now.

not exactly....but not hard to convert. you drill 2 holes and enlarge 2 other holes on the seat itself then swap ur stock tracks onto it