Dan's 1990 TGP Take 2

Heartbeat1991

On a side note, someone had purchased this 4T40HD trans from me, then changed his mind and abandoned his project car this morning. So if anyone needs it, let me know.

post-9474-14368916699_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689166999_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689167027_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartbeat1991

Not a ton of progress to update today. I got my new crossover in. . Thank You, Matt.

I also put the PMIII back in late tonight, and so far it seems to be working. We'll see. It needed an accumulator, and I put one on it that I had on a spare PMIII. We'll see how that works once I can drive it. But I powered it up, and it's holding pressure so far. No leaks. Idiot lights are off in the dash.

post-9474-143689167036_thumb.jpg

It came out of my parts car. I assume it wouldn't be cheap to ship to Missouri. The last guy had paid me $500 for it, plus shipping. It's now in my way and I would rather someone take it than to let it sit around here. Make an offer, and arrange your own shipping. I would like it out of my way. It's in the back of my SUV.

I would hold on to that

I will if no one else wants it. But I'd prefer to get rid of it. I am up to my eyeballs in spare car parts around here. I have 3 other transmissions in my garage. I need to make room around here.

More progress today.

The lower cladding piece covering the rocker was all busted up. I had a spare blue one. I painted it and put it on.

post-9474-143689167128_thumb.jpg

I got most of the engine bay back together. It's pretty much done now, but it was too dark when I finished it up for a picture.

post-9474-143689167133_thumb.jpg

I also got the interior mostly back together. I pulled the passenger side door panel off to re-glue all the carpeting back on to it.

post-9474-143689167138_thumb.jpg

I took it for a short run down my street. It's just about done. PMIII seems to be leaking pretty good. Seems like it's coming from just behind the pump motor. I have to pull it back off and see what's going on.

I am still looking for a driver's side belt buckle and driver's side door lock. I am waiting to hear back from someone on a parts car in NY that Jonathan and I were talking about splitting.

The car is almost done. I will be posting it on eBay and Craigslist very soon. If anyone here is interested, let me know. I will make an FS post here also.

Yes. I'm not a huge fan of the leather. I found one locally with cloth and less miles. This one could still use some paint and body work. It has a couple small dings and a little fade on the roof. I don't feel like doing it. It's in nice shape, but I'd prefer a perfect one. Less miles is a bonus too, since I don't plan to drive it a lot.

Valence is back on The car just needs some more polishing, and I need to put the inner fenders on, and a splash panel. I'll probably clean up the wheels a bit too.

post-9474-143689167684_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartbeat1991

More buffing and polishing

post-9474-143689167712_thumb.jpg

It's hard to get a picture of the shine on it

post-9474-143689167702_thumb.jpg

Before :

post-9474-143689167719_thumb.jpg

After a little polishing up. I've washed it twice. It takes a while to get that much neglected brake dust off every surface on these wheels.

post-9474-143689167707_thumb.jpg

That about concludes the polishing portion of the project. I just need to give it a final wash to get the compounds and wax out of the crevices. I hope to have it listed this weekend.

post-9474-143689167775_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689167781_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689167788_thumb.jpg

See that gray piece at the bottom of the door panel covering the seat belt? Anyone got one that's the right color?

post-9474-143689167793_thumb.jpg

I have painted small pieces like this with success... I even painted the belt.. but tan to gray

Matching that tan is not going to happen. I'm not really wanting to spend a ton of money on a custom color for it either. LOL. Someone must have one.

Looks great!

I'm surprised how well it came out. The paint was looking pretty dull and sad when I got it. There's one on eBay now with the same mileage in a little bit better shape. I'll wait until that auction ends to list mine.

That thing would look great with a set of billet engine mounts on it

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

I agree, Matt. But I am selling it. LOL. I'll probably get them for my next one, which also needs a crossover. Did you say you had that door lock part? I still need it.

I'm also still needing the buckle for the driver's seat belt, and that plastic cover for the door panel, all in Beechwood.