94 Cutlass Convertible Up Down

Mstg007

I know I have done a lot of reading about the convertible pumps on here. I can not trouble shoot it to figure it out. Putting the convertible top down is normal. Putting it up is alittle slow. Now if I were to take the top that is already down, and push it more into the back of the trunck, I then try to put the top up and it can not do it all with out myself manually doing it. I did check the fluid in the pump and all looks right, (No fluid loss). The fuse also looks ok. Thanks for any information! Appreciate all the help you guys give!

Ok so we were out tonight. All was great. I went to put the top up and... We'll it will not go up. I tried pulling it manually while my wife pushed the button. Nothing. Going down worked fine. Is it a pump? Fluid looks good still.

I had this happen with my vert, so when I had the top replaced, I also had the two top cylinders replaced. Works great now. Pump was not the problem with mine. It too went down great, would not go back up without help until it was more than half way up.