94 Cutlass - Electric Locks

Mstg007

I have key phobes that sometimes work on the driver side, but does not work on the passenger side at all. The Trunk works usually with being up close to the car. The other thing is once I get the drivers side door open and click to unlock the locks for the whole car, the passenger lock still will not work. I have to manually open it from the inside. I did check the fuse under the dash on the passenger side. I took it out and put it back in. Nothing was wrong with it. Thanks for any help!

If the driver's lock works, it's not fuses. It's the actuator on the passenger side (or maybe a pinched wire in the door frame).

If the passenger electric lock works from the driver or passenger's control panel, then there is a wire break somewhere between the RKE box and the driver's control panel.

Also, check to see if the actuator mounting rivet (there are two holding it) is missing. A license plate screw works perfectly as a replacement. I've owned about 50 of these cars and around half of them had this issue.

This is a dumb question.... Do you have a diagram of where this is in the door. I did notice today that when I pressed the lock in the drivers door that the locks do not lock. Even from the key phob I am not able to lock the doors. Unlocking I can hear it click and sometimes that works. I press the unlock button in the driver side door. I can hear it move but nothing at all on the passenger side door. Also how do you get the door panel off? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...