Where to get turn signal lense/housing for Cutlass Coupe

tsilney

Anyone know where to fine the lense/housing for the turn signal lense on a cutlass coupe? Just picked up a 95 and they are all fadded and nasty looking. Just wondering if they still make these. The part nunber on the lense is 16514989. It looks like a sealed unit so not sure where to get the whole asslmbly. Anyone replace these?

JY or I can walk you through how to clear them up yourself. I did mine several years ago and to this day the part that is not painted is still as clear then.

Nothing in the yards around here..going.to.one tomorrow maybe so we will see...how did.u clean them? That might work fo.mine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anything you find in the yards is probably going to look the same if not worse.

You are going to need to take them off and start with maybe 150 or 200 grit sandpaper and go to town. Mine had some sort of weathering gouges starting and I sanded with the rough grit until they were gone.

Wipe down with a damp cloth or paper towel and then maybe 500 to smooth and then on to the fine grit stuff like 1000 or 1500. With the final grit I wet sanded.

Now move on to some Turtle Wax compound something(forgot exact name) and a cotton ball or if you have some small buffing pad on a rotary tool that helps. Now your choice of gloss clear coat, I will only use the Valspar indoor/outdoor clear from now on.

I have painted mine and removed said paint/VHT numerous times with goof off even though it eat the plastic and with the above method that is what mine look like today. I have done that on a Chrysler Concord with BAD head lights but I don't know what became of it. The plastic looked almost like glass when I was done with it.

Nothing in the yards around here..going.to.one tomorrow maybe so we will see...how did.u clean them? That might work fo.mine

Which ones do you go to? I was at City Auto in Aurora a month or so ago and they had a clean triple black convertible that was still totally complete. From what I remember the front end was in nice shape

U pull it..they always have nothing but ju.k..city only open on sat mornings havent had time to get out to there with kids baseball..maybe next weekend..thanks.