Gen2 FSTB in Gen1?

GPX

I'd like an FSTB for my '95 Grand Prix, but I'm not finding anything new or used out there. I do see a number of Gen2 braces out there. How different are they and has anyone modded one? Better yet, does anyone have the real thing for sale?

I used the gen 2 brace on my old lumina. It's just a brace and doesn't have the strut tower plates attached. Surprisingly there are two part numbers I recall. One was for just the "front" strut brace and another part number for the front and rear kit. The kicker is, both braces are exactly the same and the kit with two braces was cheaper than the kit with only one. Now note this was 2006 when I did this, price was $36.

L_1.jpg

That looks like the brace from the W-body store. It's still cheap, but not that cheap. I was curious if that one really did anything. But you say it fit, eh? Can you feel a difference? Because I can feel a big difference with my AWeb80 RSTB.

L_1.jpg