GTP Normal Temperature?

GTPer

My GTP seems like it warms up too fast. After just a couple of minutes it gets up to 210 degrees easy(half way up the temp gauge). Then when sitting at a light goes up to 225ish. Then drops back down below 210 when driving again. Is this normal? It seems to high to me but I don't have much experience with a supercharged car. All other cars I've driven never go over halfway on the temp gauge but they have all been N/A. So I don't know if its normal or not

Fan turn on is around 225. It will warm up to that idling. I also think that's too high of a temp (even though it's normal).

My fix for it was an Intense PCM with the cooling fan turn on at 180 with a matching 180 thermostat. Keeps it cool in the summer and still has good heat during winter

.................. you realize what kind of coolant temps they run in nascar, F1, etc?

the sensor they use is probably something duralast brand from the store, so it's ok

Nope. But I haz racecar.

something along the lines of 260*F being a normal day for a NASCAR engine, with 240 being cold and 280 being hot. they also operate at something near 60PSI in the cooling system as well. for an engine making ~160HP/L(or the kind of impressive ~120HP per cylinder), they make a BUNCH of power and do so happily for around 500 miles of continuous WOT operation. you need to make a little more than 600HP from a 3800 to make a proportionally similar amount of power.

the sensor they use is probably something duralast brand from the store, so it's ok

well, they are built to last.