Loud tgp fans

Gibby

Not really. I can hear the car over the fan on mine. Which one is it? The radiator fan or the intercooler fan?

Its the radiator fan that is really noisy, doesn't sound like its going bad, just is loud. Best comparison for people here is it sounds like one of those big fans you run when car is on the dyno.

I can hear mine running, but they're not what I consider overly loud. My cars have modified exhaust systems so I hear mostly that at idle. If they were quieter, I'm sure the fan would sound much louder to me.

I suppose I will shoot a video. Maybe I am just sensitive, lol. I bought the car with an exhaust system already on it, Magnaflow all the way back. Sounds great, but I cant hear it at idle with those damned fans... I will get a video after work.

Yeah, it shouldn't be loud. I can't really hear mine at all even when they're both on. Guessing either a bad bearing in the motor or an out of balance blade.

130810_011_zps03bcd2ea.jpg

Geez, did you not see this sticker under the hood Gibby? NOT FOR AIRCRAFT USE! LOL. Sorry to laugh at your problem and maybe I'm the only one, but I found that clip absolutely hilarious. That goes right up there with the "for maximum Lumina power" one. In any case the blade or motor is bad. I'm not sure if the radiator fan is different on a TGP than a normal w-body or not. Maybe you mount the blade from the intercooler motor on the radiator motor and see if the rad motor is still noisy. That would tell you which piece is bad.