hesitant trans?

firepit

Hello I was on here previously as a different member with a 95 grand prix that was missing and running slow as *beep*. Well I lost me email address and I'm back with a different car. I got a 98 intrigue with 183k on it and when I leave a stop sign(foot into it or not) it kinda hesitates then accelerates like normal. It doesn't do it all the time and shifts fine all the time. I've searched and search but I got no results. Any ideas?

If you remember your username, they can merge your profile.

As far as the trans, I'm not sure what it can be but are you sure it's the trans that doesn't engage or is it the engine that sputters into speed? Because a non engaging trans could be the torque converter on it's way out but from what I'm told it would also jump into gear if it's going bad.

I would assume it's the trans as I replaced my power steering pump (and was sold a noisy one) and I can here the load on the motor when I accelerate. The may sensor went bad a couple years ago and it was replaced because it was making the car hard to start (took about a minute to start). The motor doesn't sound like it's missing but you can hear the load changes when it acts up and it changes gears nice and smooth(for having 183k miles on it). I'm hoping that it would just be a sensor on the trans because if it is the torque converter I'll be forced to scrap the car

I haven't noticed any hard shifting unless I floor it. But it really only happens till I hit 15 - 20 mph.

I read up on that site you posted thank you

And my previous username is krzykidd64 but fire pit is kinda sticking to me now