smoothpuma

I have a 2002 GP that I plan on doing some light modding to. Cat delete and o2 sim, cold air intake, possibly a 3400 upper and throttle body. Will I need a custom tune for the 3400 stuff? Or will it swap no problem? Also i wanted to maybe put a 40 series flomaster on it, should i leave the resonator on it? duals or single exhaust outlet? and will this even sound good on a 3100? what kind of power will i get too after these mods? They are 170 hp stock i think. I'm new to this engine family and grand prixs. I wanted to stay away from doing the heads and cam and stuff for now, any other suggestions?Thanks for the help opinions, and patience.

Yes a 3400 intake set would fit although I think the intake manifolds are the same size for both those engines so probably wouldn't gain anything unless you're buying ported 3400 intake manifolds, flowmaster/most chambered mufflers sounds great in 60V6's, TB probably wouldn't add much either if you don't plan on upgrading the heads/cam. Turbos are really the main option to make good power unless you can find a supercharger they made

A few of for the 3.4sfi

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

he might not be interested in an engine swap like that. I know I want more power but not enough to swap in a buick engine.

the large port 3100 and 3400 intakes are basically the same, just different numbers on top. Don't need to worry about swapping it. I've heard that the large port 3100's got the 56mm throttle body as well, but I would still swap on a 3400 one just in case. I've not tried to confirm for myself if they did it, so better safe than sorry in that aspect.

Why drop a 3400 when you can get a non VVT 3500 and get the same power as a 3800? I personally would go that route, 3500 and build it for Turbo.

actually, as..... unique as it is, turns out the intake used on the VVT 3500s and later 3900s flows noticably better. i guess the whole variable plenum volume thing didn't work as well as GM had thought it would, gone completely after 08 or 09. power ratings didn't drop either and i'm not seeing any hit to fuel economy from those years either, so what benefit it actually had, i have no idea.

so i went ahead and ordered a pcm and downpipe from milzymotorsports. gonna do a cold air also. so i think my only question now is with no cat should i just run pipe and a flomaster or should i keep the resonator on it? thanks for all the replys everyone! youve been alot of help so far

3400 Throttle Body does make a difference, but I would suggest getting the 64-68mm Billet Throttle Body from Milzy. I've heard it makes a world of a difference.

Porting and Polishing every port in in the UIM and LIM makes a great difference as well.

Heads you can Unshroud the Valves and port the inlets and the exhaust outlets as well as adding tighter springs. Also the 3400 heads have bigger valves and are a direct swap so IDE add those in with the porting and polishing.

I added on the 3800 S/C coils max of 40,000v vs the 3100 15,000-25,000v. They have the blue tabs on the bottom. Some people will say you won't get that max voltage, but they will last longer and give a much more constant voltage.

Cold Air intake is a given. I went with a cheaper way and just cut the bottom of my stock air box off and put a spectre filter in it. Does about the same job, but I will be upgrading to a real straight pipe CAI planning on making it as short as possible to increase flow.

I do use a metal conditioning type additive to my oil and transmission only needed once every 75,000-100,000 miles. It rebuilds the upper metal layer of metal parts to a smooth slick surface once again and actually fixed a hair line crack in My transmission from it falling. (Not speculation and stuff it does work) XADO you can order it from their website and they also sell oil which comes from the factory in foreign sports cars. Some people on here who won't try it say it's bull shit, but I've used it seen it and I believe in it. If you want to try it go for it, but anyone will tell you anything new that sounds amazing is automatically snake oil. But remember Synthetic Oil was once considered Snake Oil lol.

also...maybe a horsepower estimate with this setup? just the pcm, cai, and exhaust work. decided against 3400 parts

there are butt dyno reports, lol