Well - the 92 is home at least

Olds Dad

After 10 years in mothballs, a fresh battery and a little tire air, she started right up and made it to the back of the ramp truck.

Now begins the fun - including front and rear windshields, quarter window weatherstripping, new tires, and a few electrical gremlins.

Anyone know why my previously-working factory radio would display as "on" but won't operate or respond to any control inputs either via the steering wheel controls or the radio controls themselves?

post-10571-143689161869_thumb.jpg

Looks like a decent car to start working on. I am impressed it started it after sitting for 10 years.

Ha - I was equally as impressed.

Not a bad car - a lot of the typical W-body cosmetics needed - wrinkled dash, crappy black trim, broken door sill mouldings - I drove the heck out of this car for years and had tons of fun. Now a little love and I can hopefully enjoy again.

Nice! I will watch for progress. My radio has decided its on cassette all the time and the radio gremlins won't pick FM. So I am no help. However my iPhone plays loud enough.....

why was it stored for 10 years? Looks like a fun project!

Glass got broken, kids were young, time was scarce, money was tight. Luckily I had access to indoor storage so at least it didn't sit out and rot!

I had problems with the radio in my '95, and never had much luck with finding a good used one. I finally found a NOS radio on the internet for about $150.00. I can try to find the place again, if you think you might like to go that route. I splurged, and got the one with cassette/CD.

Nice! I will watch for progress. My radio has decided its on cassette all the time and the radio gremlins won't pick FM. So I am no help. However my iPhone plays loud enough.....

I can start pulling radios if you guys really want em. I see em all the time at the yard...

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk