'00 Regal OEM Monsoon system rear speakers.

Buick666

So i have a Monsoon sound system in my Regal but the rear speakers are blown out.

What size speakers are they? And speakers from a non Monsoon equipped system are they same?

Thanks for the help guys!

They're 6x9 speakers. I'm not sure if they're bi-amped (they are in the N bodies) but if I was you, I would get a good set of 6x9's and upgrade to those instead of another factory unit. If they're not bi-amped it's real easy to do

i see an optional bose system for 00 regal, but not monsoon..... i've only ever seen those on pontiacs.

My Camaro has a Monsoon system. I've only seen Bose in Cadillacs.

AFAIK, the Regal does have Monsoon, but it was branded "Concert Audio II"

I'll have to take a picture of the radio... It's really a Monsoon system!

I'll upgrade to better speakers then! Good brand to suggest??

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Alpine

Kicker

(if you have money) Memphis Audio

Check out Sonicelectronix.com for deals. Crutchfield is so so on em but they're a good source for stuff, even ifyou shop around.

My Camaro has a Monsoon system. I've only seen Bose in Cadillacs.

AFAIK, the Regal does have Monsoon, but it was branded "Concert Audio II"

Concert Audio II is the base stereo in a Regal. The Monsoon system will have a Monsoon logo on the tape deck part of the radio. It also has an amplifier mounted on the upper part of the trunk.

The Regals do have Monsoon, not Bose. Concert Sound systems are the base, non amplified systems. The Monsoon systems are amplified, the amp is in the trunk mounted under the rear deck lid. The speakers are 2 Ohm, where as most aftermarket are 4 Ohm. You will need to get either JBL or Infinity speakers since they are compatible with 2 Ohm systems. Or replace the radio with something aftermarket, bypass the amp and replace all speakers.

Infinity Reference series speakers are 2 ohm. I remember because I was going to buy them until I realized that fact, my HU is rated to 4 ohm per channel

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The literature says the speakers are 2 ohm + wiring ohms = 4 ohms or something on that order.

The Infinity and JBL speakers are generally around 3ohm, give or take a bit. This makes them compatible with both 2 ohm and 4 ohm amps. The only time I ran into a issue was a car I did awhile back with a Kenwood radio and JBL speakers all around. Supposedly at high volumes the audio would cut out for a minute or two then come back on. I could never replicate it, but I chalked it up to the amp in the Kenwood not liking the lower ohm load at higher volume. It was likely clipping and going into protect mode temporarily.