BOSE stereo

defflepp1

so i FINALLY got my 94 lumina running so now i can start to address some of the smaller problems. the biggest one at the moment is no radio. it has the BOSE stereo(amp underneath rear deck) the head unit works but I'm not getting any sound. so I'm trying to figure the best way to fix it.

first thought was checking fuses, however i don't have the owners manual and can't find a fuse chart. if someone can post that i would greatly appreciate it

if that does work i was thinking to try and replace the bose amp with an aftermarket one, using the factory wiring. is that possible?

and obviously the last option would be to put an aftermarket head unit in the run all new wiring.

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it

If you replace the amp, you can't use the factory wiring. You have to get a new ground and a new power cable that runs from the battery to the trunk. You can probably get away with using the factory remote turn on, but you would have to get an amp with line inputs and see if you can get a feed that way. I'm not sure if it works though, I've never tried it. The sure way is to change the head unit, the speakers, and the wiring.

Check to see if the amp is getting power. If it does have power and still no audio chances are it's bad. Your best bet is to replace the headunit and speakers.

Use a test light or multimeter. There should be a 12V constant and a 12v that turns on with the key back there. I'll see if I can find a diagram.