Cooling system bleeding

gambler87

I have researched a lot of threads on coolant leaks and related stuff for the 3.4 Dohc on this forum, and I hear the LQ1 is a pain to air bleed. So I was wondering if anyone has ever actually made a post listing what to do to properly bleed this system so u can get all the air out of it. Thanks

P.s. I've used the search function to no avail

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It's not really any more difficult than any other engine where the coolant rad isn't located anywhere higher in elevation than the engine.

Top off the cooling system to approx 2" below the rad cap neck, partially fill the recovery tank, start up the engine with the rad cap off and let the system come up to temp, watch the coolant down thru the cap opening and watch the fluid expand and force any air & then fluid out thru the cap opening, close off the cap, the system will now pressurize, now open the two bleeders, leave them open and let the engine run until you see only a steady stream of coolant being forced from them. When no air is visible close them off, carefully open the rad cap again, look to see what the fluid level is (depending on how much fluid was forced from the bleeders ....it should be close to right there at the cap), top off the rad, close the cap, top off the recovery to the *hot level* & you're done.

P7140544edited2Large_zps32e8492b.jpg%7Eoriginal

Edited by 55trucker