Clutch switch wiring...

White93z34

As some may know, I'm presently in the middle of doing a 5 speed swap in Sam's 93' Z34.

I'm no stranger to this swap having done it in my old 93' z34 and my present 92' z34.

However in my 93' I didn't know about the clutch switch wiring and just ignored it which caused the car to act derpy when I clutched in as the IAC would not hold the revs at all, cruise was busted and I constantly got a code 39 (clutch switch not working). THIS IS NOT THE SAFETY SWITCH ON THE FLOOR, but the one that rides on the clutch pedal up high. When I did my 92's swap. I got a entire wiper/cruise/clutch sw/a few other random things harness and just swapped the whole deal over to my car, but the harness was from a 92' the car is a 92' everything worked no problem.

Now, I have a 92' harness but a 93' car which the only difference is the brake lamp switch, but its different enough that the wiring is switched up some. what do i need to do to make sure the clutch switch is satisfied so the computer and cruise function as normal?

I'm not sure if I'll get an answer, but i have the manuals and i'll document as I find. Hopefully someone else knows whats going on though.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but on my Monte, I just wired the clutch switch in series with the brake switch wire(s) that cancels the cruise. I know that the 1st gen brake switch is different than even the 1.5, but just throwing it out there.

I figured it out. Studied service manuals for a few hours last night and then got both harnesses in front of me today and got it taken care of.

Long and short of it is the 92-down harness has a plug for the cruise disengage switch part of the brake lamp switch. 1993 changed the brake lamp switch design radically and as such the 1993 car moved that switch down a bit further and integrated into the brake lamp switch plug.

This creates a little bit of a problem using a 1992 cruise harness on a 1993. Fortunately its pretty easily correctable.

Unloom the wires leading to the black(C211) and white (C208) connectors as well as down to the cruise logic module box. find the cruise disengage switch, 2 connector switch with brown and gray wires in it. Depin the brown wire from it and move it to position K on C208-White plug. Then take the gray wire and either cut it off at the splice point or what I did was changed that gray wire for one from the automatic 1993 harness that never had any splice. it goes from pinB on c208 to pin A on the cruise logic box

Everything *should* now work as normal once the car is put back together. I'll let you guys know in a few weeks if that is in fact the case

I might be about the only one crazy enough to go that deep into it, but just in case I need to reference this information or someone else runs into this obtuse situation there it is :lol: