jc71corvette2

98. Gtp no mods 122k miles. Few weeks back my 1st gear sucked it shifted late but after first its gold. Now i think i have 2 probkems here.

1. Sometimes at a stop it stalls. I stop then when i let off brake it stalls. All the gears. Put in 1 and drives not stalling. I then shift up to d and all is fine. Sounds like tourqe converter prob? Also when car idles i have a nasty grinding sound. Can hear when it in 1-2 gear untill get at cruise speed. Those times wherr i have to start at 1 gear that noise is loud. Pretty sure these are related. I have a video of sound need to upload.

View My Video

2. When driving afteer few minutes it sounds and feels like its in neatural. So i put in 3 and gets most the power back around 3000 rpm. No idea what this is.

View My Video

Fluid smells good. Up to level. Few weeks ago when i had that 1 gear problem i thought tps. I have codes but can't get reader untill later in week.

Does this sound like tourqe conv circuit? I bet that's one of the codes. Sorry for bad typin. Doing thus on small keypad

Car runs n drives fine after restart then acts up

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

TCC=torque converter clutch. Chances are your TCC solenoid is failing, as is one of the shift solenoids.

To access these solenoids (TCC, 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift, pressure control solenoid), you must either drop the engine cradle or pull the engine/transmission out of the car to take the side cover off the tranny (this is where all those solenoids are located). Been there, done that.

Electronics. Gotta love it. When my pressure control solenoid was messing up, sometimes it would shift smooth as butter, other times I got a lovely BANG into random gears.

Ty for the hekp i began postin in other areas here to find local guys to do this

I see zzp has the shift noid. Is tgat the one i need. I kno there's 1-2 noid and others. Does it matter

Might as well replace all the solenoids while you're in there. PCS, TCC, 1-2 shift, and 2-3 shift.

Not sure about the fuse though. Check your fuse boxes.

I see tcc fuse. Hey are the 2 shift noids the same? Lookin on our performance sites(zzp etc) only shows one.