ebay headers on 97 monte?

l67ss

Was pokin round ebay and came accross fwd 3800 headers new for $160 shipped. I know theyre inferior quality and need some welding before use. I figure at $160 its worth messing with. My question is for anyone running them on a 1g, any tips for fitment etc etc? Thanks :)

Everywhere I've searched indicates that one has to smash the heck out of the firewall/ downpipe area to get them to fit; or cutting and welding that section for fitment. It's what I planned on doing someday.

Everywhere I've searched indicates that one has to smash the heck out of the firewall/ downpipe area to get them to fit; or cutting and welding that section for fitment. It's what I planned on doing someday.

THIS exactly

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not bad, the only con I see is mild steel. But that price is unbeatable. And it's got a 3" downpipe? I might want a set of those lol just not ready to hack up the firewall yet.

In my region mild steel is certain to die faster but I like being open to the possibility of welding that flange that tends to leak, I wish they just welded the back one during fabrication since it shouldn't complicate the install much anyway