Oldsmobile Flooding Redux

mgrinnell

Hello All,

This is a follow up to my recent post about my 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 3.1 flooding. I replaced the ECM and the fuel injectors and it's still demonstrating the same behavior. If I pull the fuses for the fuel pump and the fuel injectors and pull the fuel pump relay I can usually get it started, albeit briefly. If I put the fuses and relay back in and try to start if floods almost immediately and I get gas coming out of the throttle body. I need to check the fuel pressure but any other ideas would be much appreciated. This one is starting to get challenging.

Thanks kindly,

Mike

Do you have the SES light on? Usually something like this would trigger it.

Nope -- no light but now that you mention it let me go and see if I can get a code off of it. I replaced the vacuum lines last year and none appear to have any issues at this point either.

Do you have the SES light on? Usually something like this would trigger it.

Turns out the problem was the fuel pressure regulator. Replaced that and after some chugging away to clear the vacuum lines it runs again. Of course, the cheapest thing to fix was the last one I tried.