People LIFT W-Bodies?

Imp558

Suddenly I find myself doubting my loyalty

Then you must not like cars altogether... any thing and everything has become a "donk" nowadays.

IMG_20130326_121434_zps780c964b.jpg

and if you think a Lumina is bad....

021-7.jpg

and the sad part is that I've seen a lifted Cavalier before.

i seriously doubt anyone who does that to a W-body goes through the thought process of "maybe i'll need longer trailing arms" until after they realize they won't connect to anything.

and at that point, some........ ghettorigged solution seems more likely.

i seriously doubt anyone who does that to a W-body goes through the thought process of "maybe i'll need longer trailing arms" until after they realize they won't connect to anything.

and at that point, some........ ghettorigged solution seems more likely.

You'd be surprised at how much some people realize that bigger wheels require a suspension change. The funny thing is that they never bother to upgrade the brakes to something better.... but they will add a shift kit for performance instead of making the trans more heavy duty. :think:

I've seen several donked 2nd gens down in the hoods, but never hang around long enough to grab a pic for obvious reasons(I don't want to get shot). Don't know if I've ever seen a donked 1st gen though?

we have one but we are looking for another lacrosse/cts/dts 17x4" 5 spoke spare. black powdercoated aluminum and light as a feather...with those we can get 27.5" tall rears if we wanted without as much wandering from a tall ass sidewall....right now those 25.25" tires on 15" do make it look odd with the 26x11x16 up front.

with the coilovers and laying the struts inwards i think we can fit a 28x10 up there to give us a taller effective FDR than the 3.29 1" provides....

probably still just end up a dyno queen like all them supra's

I remember back in the '80s when cars, I suppose they were early tuners would put smaller tires on stock wheels to reduce sidewall and improve cornering. They lost tire diameter as collateral damage so the bigger wheels seemed like such a cool idea until people took it in such a rediculous direction. I'd wager the kiddies that do this to those poor cars have no concept of why we would want low profile tires.

I personally dont like low profile tires.

I like the idea, one day I may move to part of the world where they have a better road surface to pothole ratio. But there's a limit to how low of a tire I would run, certainly not this stupis low.

I remember back in the '80s when cars, I suppose they were early tuners would put smaller tires on stock wheels to reduce sidewall and improve cornering. They lost tire diameter as collateral damage so the bigger wheels seemed like such a cool idea until people took it in such a rediculous direction. I'd wager the kiddies that do this to those poor cars have no concept of why we would want low profile tires.

there is a certain segment of the population around here that still does it..... and they love to do it with stock sized Dayton's too.

they may or may not have a specific ethnic background.

I personally dont like low profile tires.

As someone who has to change low profile tires on a fairly regular basis, I absolutely hate them. I had to turn away customers because our machines will only handle so low of a profile. We can't even do a 215/45R17.

Trying to explain to someone that you can't change their tires when "so and so said you can do it" can be quite frustrating.

I love the look of low profile tires and big wheels, but NOT if it increases ground clearance and gives the car any hint of lift.

Lifted cars are the dumbest looking things ever. Cars should only be lowered, never lifted.

Only trucks and Jeeps should ever be lifted, and I don't even care for lifted trucks and Jeeps.

I have replaced so many low profile tires it is silly. They go flat twice a mile it seems like. Pot hole means insta flat, small screw insta flat and can't be plugged. I think one time I got a nail and they were able to plug it.

Lifted cars are the dumbest looking things ever. Cars should only be lowered, never lifted.

One of my friends recently lifted his Impreza wagon using the suspension from a Forester and is running 235/75R15 tires. To be honest, it looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk