Newbie Here

City_Slycker

Because I should be sleeping and I keep hitting the 6 instead of the 7. You are right though, S1 was the L27, S2 was the L36 and S3 became the L26...

Well, you know a big project like this will take time... Do you have another car to transport yourself around in while you do surgery on your Regal?

Haha, absolutely! This thing right here. vajuzapa.jpg

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

Damn that looks like a 96! You're missing the washer res that uglies up the area over top the battery, and two diagonal braces that go from the core support to the strut towers. The layout is the same under the hood though, which is good. A 96 Harness would be OBD-II, but you have to add a handfull of wires to it for the 4T65E-HD if you want to run it. But for the most part a 96 harness is compatible with your car, and a 7797 PCM from an L67 car is a 99% plug-in to that. Not bad odds. Look at my photos.

What part of the country are you from?

Damn that looks like a 96! You're missing the washer res that uglies up the area over top the battery, and two diagonal braces that go from the core support to the strut towers. The layout is the same under the hood though, which is good. A 96 Harness would be OBD-II, but you have to add a handfull of wires to it for the 4T65E-HD if you want to run it. But for the most part a 96 harness is compatible with your car, and a 7797 PCM from an L67 car is a 99% plug-in to that. Not bad odds. Look at my photos.

What part of the country are you from?

Is he running any risks driving around without those diagonal braces? I assume they're there for a reason.

It was manufactured 3/95. I'm trying to do as little as possible as far as mods go. Those braces you talk about, never had em. What risks are you talking about Nas? I took the washer res off to get to the battery. I noticed the power steering pump is no longer in the stock location on yours Imp. Where is it now and what block did you use? Series I or Series II

Edited by City_Slycker

It was manufactured 3/95. I'm trying to do as little as possible as far as mods go. Those braces you talk about, never had em. What risks are you talking about Nas?

Then your car is an MY95, not a MY96. Although the Riviera and California Camaro did get the S2 3800, yours is supposed to be S1. The only reason it wouldn't be is because someone else swapped it before you, in which case you would have a lot of digging in to do. What I observe though is that it seems that you're simply mising the beauty cover and that's why it looks like an S2 3800.

BTW, You're supposed to have a diagonal brace on each side of the car.

It looks like this.

dscf1712d.jpg

Just so you know, a stock S1 3800 looks like this.

3800II_L36.JPG

and as far as the washer bottle, I don't have it either. It never made a difference. Ive heard you can use a 1993 - 2002 Camaro bottle and mount it in between the headlights. Doesn't work on mine because of my light set up, but it might work on yours.

Edited by Nas Escobar

Then your car is an MY95, not a MY96. Although the Riviera and California Camaro did get the S2 3800, yours is supposed to be S1. The only reason it wouldn't be is because someone else swapped it before you, in which case you would have a lot of digging in to do. What I observe though is that it seems that you're simply mising the beauty cover and that's why it looks like an S2 3800.

BTW, You're supposed to have a diagonal brace on each side of the car.

It looks like this.

dscf1712d.jpg

Yeah, haven't had any since I got the car. I knew it was a S1, that's why I want a S2 and want to know what all NEEDS to be done in order for me to achieve that goal. I don't want to take the easy way out and go find a 96 with a S2. The only reason I said as minimal as possible cause I'm a broke mo fo trying to get this vinyl decal business going. Without that cover it is deceiving, for sure!

Right, I was just saying if you somehow were upgraded, which I doubt as well. But yeah, check out pshojo's thread that I posted for OBD2 conversion and I think lmp has done it as well...

You could also make a new thread... it would get more people with the conversion interested... and possibly annoyed for not using the search button, but I digress on that one.

I don't think it's a S2, they had 2 dogbone mounts, a lower power steering res, and the fuel rail wrapped over top of the UIM because the L36 had that big obnoxious cover. That's a S1 with the silly little cover missing. As far as the diagonal braces go, mine were in the trunk when my car came to me. I don't think it really needs them but in the event of a front impact it may be safer, and they probably do stiffen up the front somewhat during cornering. As easy as they are to find at a yard you really should have them.

Thank you, more of the green is gone now, this pic is a few monthe old. The airbox days are numbered, but what you can't see is the entire bottom was cut out of it so it's not as bad. Once my battery goes to the trunk I'm fabbing a real cai.

Now I'm temped to leave it there so L67ss brings his ass to Toledo with us and takes it off there himself!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15962[/ATTACH]

For reference, These are my stock accessories and mounts from the L36.

LMP, that looks really nice. You should really consider a CAI. You can mount the battery sideways if you want. I know someone on here did that to their Grand Prix long long ago. There's a write up of it floating around somewhere.

City Slycker, also note the big gap where the hood latch and horn is. You can easily get a Camaro washer bottle and put it in there if you want that feature back. I'm SOL thanks to the way my headlights are.

If you walk around a wrecking yard for a while there are other things out there. This one has a flexible neck and the bottle fits well in my fender. I'm trunk mounting the battery and doing a CAIpost-4528-143689158319_thumb.jpg

Edited by Imp558
Forgot the picture, lol.

If you walk around a wrecking yard for a while there are other things out there. This one has a flexible neck and the bottle fits well in my fender. I'm trunk mounting the battery and doing a CAI[ATTACH=CONFIG]15963[/ATTACH]

That does look better :)

Thank you, more of the green is gone now, this pic is a few monthe old. The airbox days are numbered, but what you can't see is the entire bottom was cut out of it so it's not as bad. Once my battery goes to the trunk I'm fabbing a real cai.

Now I'm temped to leave it there so L67ss brings his ass to Toledo with us and takes it off there himself!

Lol

If you walk around a wrecking yard for a while there are other things out there. This one has a flexible neck and the bottle fits well in my fender. I'm trunk mounting the battery and doing a CAI

I know there are, I've done the same thing... I've thought about using a Jeep Grand Cherokee bottle but they have 2 pumps. I don't want to put a bottle in the fender since I'll eventually make a real CAI and I don't want to relocate the battery into the trunk. While it would be better as I wouldn't have to run long wires for my sound system, I still would need to run 0 gauge wiring from the AUX post to the trunk, not to mention the grounds.